Kidde fire extinguisher recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidde fire extinguisher recall

A buddy from my antique outboard circles just sent me a link about a massive recall of fire extinguishers:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/ki...-discharge-and

For most of us being in the off-season, it would be a good time to check what you have in your trailer to be sure it isn't one that may not work.....

I'd sure hate to find out the hard way.

I purchased mine at either Sams or Walmart. Somehow they traced the historic purchase to me and sent a recall postcard. Followed the directions, filled out forms online, they sent a new one (it was in the race trailer), with simple return label for the old one. Good advice, get it done off season.

Comment

I had one like that at my shop for years to satisfy annual (more like 18 months) fire inspections where it had to have a current inspection tag. It was maybe 3-4 years ago when the local recharging shop said that ones with the plastic valve assembly wouldn't pass code anymore. So I had to buy a new one and put the old one in the garage at home figuring it was better there than none at all. Maybe I can finagle a new one now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X