Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidde fire extinguisher recall

A buddy from my antique outboard circles just sent me a link about a massive recall of fire extinguishers:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/ki...-discharge-and

For most of us being in the off-season, it would be a good time to check what you have in your trailer to be sure it isn't one that may not work.....

I'd sure hate to find out the hard way.
    Al Lang, bill hoctor and M Miner like this.

Re: Kidde fire extinguisher recall

I purchased mine at either Sams or Walmart. Somehow they traced the historic purchase to me and sent a recall postcard. Followed the directions, filled out forms online, they sent a new one (it was in the race trailer), with simple return label for the old one. Good advice, get it done off season.
    bill hoctor likes this.

Comment

Re: Kidde fire extinguisher recall

I had one like that at my shop for years to satisfy annual (more like 18 months) fire inspections where it had to have a current inspection tag. It was maybe 3-4 years ago when the local recharging shop said that ones with the plastic valve assembly wouldn't pass code anymore. So I had to buy a new one and put the old one in the garage at home figuring it was better there than none at all. Maybe I can finagle a new one now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X