Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ronronx
    replied
    I couldn't figure out how to post the link but if you want to watch a video of an aired out cabover google Chris Applebee. If you want to watch one in a race in Russia google Janos Feil.

Best Regards,
    Ron

Leave a comment:

• T Chance
    replied

i remember when Dieter Schultz came over with Dieter Konig. Dieter Schultz stayed and to make some money built a real nice cabin cruiser outside back behind Bud Wiget's shop. He sold the boat and was able to spend some time in the USA.

Leave a comment:

• rapidone
    commented on 's reply
    Hello ddalton thanks for contributing the pic's to my post, do you have any more pic's you could ad or
    can you send me some more on the Schulze cab over Thanks

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Originally posted by ddalton View Post
    This was Dieter Schulze's boat .Built at Sid Craft shop by Dieter.Brian Hendrick helped rig it (as a teenager in 1961) at Picton Ontario. Was the John Ward Memorial Race. So now it is restored and waiting to have some finishing touches added.Had a couple of new Bubble screens made in Florida by Gustafsson Plastics. They have one of the original moulds from Germany. Great people and beautyful work....Will run a number of Konigs on this boat...FC/FCS ......Hope to get it done this year.Better get to it now!!!
    Really cool..... Beautiful boat.

Leave a comment:

• ddalton
    replied
    This was Dieter Schulze's boat .Built at Sid Craft shop by Dieter.Brian Hendrick helped rig it (as a teenager in 1961) at Picton Ontario. Was the John Ward Memorial Race. So now it is restored and waiting to have some finishing touches added.Had a couple of new Bubble screens made in Florida by Gustafsson Plastics. They have one of the original moulds from Germany. Great people and beautyful work....Will run a number of Konigs on this boat...FC/FCS ......Hope to get it done this year.Better get to it now!!!

Leave a comment:

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Originally posted by baries View Post
    When Dieter came over to race he sent wood and built the boat here. He built several at Sid's shop, built some at Ed Harvey's shop next to Walt Blankenstiens shop in Lakeland, I bought one of them, that may be why it is listed as a Sid-craft. Dieter was ahead of his time for sure with cabovers and the bubble boats.
    Thanks Bud..... Cool History.

Leave a comment:

• baries
    replied
    When Dieter came over to race he sent wood and built the boat here. He built several at Sid's shop, built some at Ed Harvey's shop next to Walt Blankenstiens shop in Lakeland, I bought one of them, that may be why it is listed as a Sid-craft. Dieter was ahead of his time for sure with cabovers and the bubble boats.

Leave a comment:

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Originally posted by rumleyfips View Post
    The link says.... Sid Craft. Is this a Sid Craft? Looks like a Euro boat to me.

Leave a comment:

• rumleyfips
    replied
    Doesn't the one you are referring go from right to left ? I thought it was in a Wayne Baldwin thread at BRF. I looked and searched but couldn't find it.

Leave a comment:

• DiGia54D
    replied
    The Picture Weaver has Steve had that baby aired out and I mean aired out!!

Leave a comment:

• Steve77t
    replied
    Originally posted by rumleyfips View Post
    http://www.quincylooperracing.us/ima...dllgermany.jpg

Bill Hosler album at Quincy Looper Racing
    that isnt the picture in question though, That was taken at race in Berlin by the airport, Tegal I think. Picture in question is of boat running what appears to be high. Steve

Leave a comment:

• 1100-one
    replied
    Glad Steve went to runabouts. Had to my friend lol. Had it been me you wld have. Love that picture of ya though!!!!

Leave a comment:

• rumleyfips
    replied
    http://www.quincylooperracing.us/ima...dllgermany.jpg

Bill Hosler album at Quincy Looper Racing

Leave a comment:

• DiGia54D
    commented on 's reply
    David Weaver has a picture of it on his phone!

• Steve77t
    replied
    Yes there is, It was my D Konig we were working on and tested in the canal a block or so away from Konig factory. I miss those day's at factory, but still talk today with some of the workers from that time. Not sure where the picture is on the web though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X