Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage cab over Konig or Crescent powered hydro

Hello

Looking to build a vintage cab over hydro like the ones that Dieter Schulze, use to design and build, searching for plans to build one or anything that could be used to resembles one in plans. Any Help would be appreciated

Originally posted by rapidone View Post
    Hello

Looking to build a vintage cab over hydro like the ones that Dieter Schulze, use to design and build, searching for plans to build one or anything that could be used to resembles one in plans. Any Help would be appreciated
    The Hal Kelly ‘Ben Hur’ cabover hydro plans are available at clarkcraft.com.

They are full size patterns with step by step instructions. I’m sure this would be what you are looking for.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Is this what you're looking for ?
      http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...tz-s-Sid-Craft

Comment

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...tz-s-Sid-Craft

Is this what you're looking for ?

I saw a cabover alky boat with both the steering wheel and the throttle mounted flat . maybe 1965 or 6.
        Last edited by rumleyfips; 01-08-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Those are normal proprider type boats used for many years. I drove one like in Europe many times. Ralph Donald has one at his shop in Florida, I think it is a Daunish that he has.

Comment

Steve:

Isn't there a picture of you testing one in a German canal in the 70's.

Comment

Yes there is, It was my D Konig we were working on and tested in the canal a block or so away from Konig factory. I miss those day's at factory, but still talk today with some of the workers from that time. Not sure where the picture is on the web though

Comment

• DiGia54D
                DiGia54D commented
                Editing a comment
                David Weaver has a picture of it on his phone!

http://www.quincylooperracing.us/ima...dllgermany.jpg

Bill Hosler album at Quincy Looper Racing

Comment

Glad Steve went to runabouts. Had to my friend lol. Had it been me you wld have. Love that picture of ya though!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rumleyfips View Post
                  http://www.quincylooperracing.us/ima...dllgermany.jpg

Bill Hosler album at Quincy Looper Racing
                  that isnt the picture in question though, That was taken at race in Berlin by the airport, Tegal I think. Picture in question is of boat running what appears to be high. Steve

Comment

The Picture Weaver has Steve had that baby aired out and I mean aired out!!
                    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Doesn't the one you are referring go from right to left ? I thought it was in a Wayne Baldwin thread at BRF. I looked and searched but couldn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by rumleyfips View Post
                        The link says.... Sid Craft. Is this a Sid Craft? Looks like a Euro boat to me.
                        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

When Dieter came over to race he sent wood and built the boat here. He built several at Sid's shop, built some at Ed Harvey's shop next to Walt Blankenstiens shop in Lakeland, I bought one of them, that may be why it is listed as a Sid-craft. Dieter was ahead of his time for sure with cabovers and the bubble boats.

Comment

Originally posted by baries View Post
                            When Dieter came over to race he sent wood and built the boat here. He built several at Sid's shop, built some at Ed Harvey's shop next to Walt Blankenstiens shop in Lakeland, I bought one of them, that may be why it is listed as a Sid-craft. Dieter was ahead of his time for sure with cabovers and the bubble boats.
                            Thanks Bud..... Cool History.
                            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
                            X