No announcement yet.

125cc Mod Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the available adapter plate bolts to vrp Rossi omc a and Mercury.
    I put one of these together and it's definitely an awesome ride. Can't upload pictures for some reason, The motor is currently on my sorrenson a hydro, Also tested at Thompson 2016 on my a/b roll up runabout and it was one heck of a ride.

Merry Christmas to all
    Chuck Williams 184n
    Last edited by chuck w; 12-24-2017, 09:19 PM.

Comment

I'm hoping the development team keeps there thumb on Modifications of this engine and keeps it to a minimum. Earlier in this thread people mentioned converting to alcohol and I'm thinking here we go Racers being there own worst enemy once again. These little engines are screamers cranking at about 14K. Leave them alone the bugs are worked out.

Comment

• Bob Rusnak
        Bob Rusnak commented
        Editing a comment
        Being a development class it can be adapted to any lower unit so I guess it would fit into a mod category. I would assume a new class would have to be formed for them to run in. What class would they fit in in the present class structure. There is already a 125 cc class in the PRO category but these power heads would not develop the HP needed to complete with the VRP or Rossi's. The statement made about alcohol was made as alternate to the present motors and maybe the potential is there for some of the ones that like to play with engines to make it somewhat competitive. I know of two of these engines right now. Are there any more out there? What class would they be allowed to run with? Just curious, I love the fact that someone is taking the time to develop something new.

Originally posted by Flatiron View Post
      I'm hoping the development team keeps there thumb on Modifications of this engine and keeps it to a minimum. Earlier in this thread people mentioned converting to alcohol and I'm thinking here we go Racers being there own worst enemy once again. These little engines are screamers cranking at about 14K. Leave them alone the bugs are worked out.
      I believe the intentions are to leave the power head stock. I think it's $300 to have the motor factory sealed.
      To the best of my knowledge all the motors that have been tested and beat on Including mine have original pistons and rings. They run mint out of the box with a fixed pipe that you can buy different spacers to shorten or increase pipe length for different courses.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck w View Post

I believe the intentions are to leave the power head stock. I think it's $300 to have the motor factory sealed.
        To the best of my knowledge all the motors that have been tested and beat on Including mine have original pistons and rings. They run mint out of the box with a fixed pipe that you can buy different spacers to shorten or increase pipe length for different courses.
        Perfect.........’Keep It Simple’ and go racing.
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Great development work! Keep it as simple and "unmodified" as possible to attract new people to the sport. This is the reason for the dramatic growth in 300SS. There are already enough complexities in becoming part of our sport.

Comment

So would a 12' 125 Pro boat be too big and heavy to use for 125 mod?
            Untethered from reality!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Thunder View Post
              So would a 12' 125 Pro boat be too big and heavy to use for 125 mod?
              Yes.... More like a large ASH or BSH size.... 60 mph or so as stated above.
              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Dr. Thunder
                Dr. Thunder commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Deano. So would it be size not weight cuz the 125 boats are pretty light? And, on a different subject would there be a weigh minimum for a Mod 125 class?

A C stock boat would work. The new boats that are being built are very light.

Comment

So has their been any combined weights mentioned ? Meaning boat motor and driver. As far as sealed classes I'm not a fan unless you can put a claim on a engine.

Comment

Neal,

Yes, size not weight. These 125 Go Kart engines are 26 HP as stated above... a Rossi 125 is over 50 HP.

And I would assume the class would have a minimum weight.

A Race Craft ASH might be the perfect boat. The molds are most likely still available. Possibly a ‘One Design’ Boat, Motor and Prop would be a thought. Just an idea or thought.
                  sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

You cant go wrong with a $1800. complete power head.
                    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

What is the brand name of these engines?

​As for potential power, you can reasonably expect that conversion to methanol and decreasing combustion-chamber size (to take advantage of the better anti-detonation property of methanol) might yield a 20% power increase. But 20% more than 26 hp is still only 31.2 hp . . . not enough to compete with even a 1980s-vintage Quincy Z-engine (37 hp), let alone a current-day Rossi or VRP.

Comment

Its not meant to compete with the Rossi or VRP...its meant for MOD
                        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Originally posted by dwhitford View Post
                          What is the brand name of these engines?
                          It is a PRD Fireball. See the previous post by bmitch1..... All the specs are there.
                          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Dr. Thunder
                            Dr. Thunder commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Would a laydown design boat work for this class? If so that would be very cool indeed!

contact YOUR Region Mod Commissioner (s) for the latest updates and info.............
                          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X