No announcement yet.

125cc Mod Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best thing the mod folks could do is require that the power head be sealed, you can run any tower/foot combo, run spec 2 blade props like we do in 300ssh. I think this is pretty cool....

Comment

Doesn't Sidewinder produce a decent tower and clamp bracket?
      Untethered from reality!

Comment

I think if this new 125 Mod World class is promoted right with lot's of common rules to keep cost down and the parody level equal for the new novice drivers along with the seasoned veterans it hopes to attract

it will be a huge success !

My thoughts are why not promote this new class also with all of the interested high schools across the united states and Canada with their shop classes and wood working classes ?

I think we could get the big Media behind this Project and goal in a big way !

Keep the weight to 350 pounds for both hydro and Runabout so the boats will last a long time and the 200 pound kids and adults can competitively race also ?

The mod commission should also condenser making it a spec dimension for the Runabout and hydro with reasonable parameters like Length and design type ranges so as to keep it as safe as possible for our young and older new drivers !

There are a lot of successful boat builders that would love to be a part of the process of setting design specs for this new class !

If We, which I think we can get together with the schools it would draw a lot of new boat racers if the students could get credits for building their boat as a project and also learn important Carpenter skills that they could take to their employment with them in the real world future !

Please keep out the special interest insiders from screwing this up before it even takes off IE
        Multiple blade and expensive props and expensive carbon fiber materials, and high dollar engine blue printers !

When you think about this it has the potential to be a national soap box derby of Boat racing class for all that want to build things and compete on a national level with close to equal, safe and fun affordable racing competition !

Regards'
        Paul A Christner

Comment

All good points..... As I understand it the factory and / or certified shops here in the US can seal these motors to certify they have not been ‘Blue Printed’..... I also understand they are machined to the max at the factory.

This ‘Power Head’ racing is our future since the big factories do not have motors we can use..... Except of course for Sidewinder and Yamato.

Four cycle Stock outboards are too heavy. Possibly four cycle power heads could be found and used. However with the oiling system on some four cycle motors, it would be hard to turn them on their sides to mount on a Tower Housing.
          Last edited by DeanFHobart; 01-06-2018, 11:57 AM.
          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Very Impressive! Kudos Guys! This is what boat racing needed a long time ago.

34-F

Comment

I've got the perfect boat and driver for this class. We had Jason Dircksen build us a light 20 hydro and Rick is 155lbs. The Mod group are working on parts that will marry the power head to avaible down housing. I'm wondering if there is Hot Rod down housing and units out there that are gathering dust. These units are fairly expensive. You can buy Yamato stock units but they are 2" plus in the Radius and may be cheap but not competive. Mercury units are selling above $1200 and in short supply. The Mod tech. Committees have their work cut out for them.

Comment

He's to OLD for the class

Comment

• DrRick34-0
                  DrRick34-0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Now!!!!!!! Ran 7 miles yesterday trying to stay in shape..

I see raising the weight to 385. Older boats weight more and people are heavier now. This motor has to run very high rpm to get much power. If you are over 15 lb. in the class it will be determental. If you want to keep the people in the class you must be a weight that a lot people can make.

Comment

Think the weight is good at 350. Not a class for Big drivers.Motor is 50lbs.+160lb.driver +20lbs gear= 230lbs.So boat can weigh 120lbs.Should be lots of boats like that around.Don't make another class for larger drivers.That just punishes lighter drivers .Heaverguys can run 500cc mod. Maybe if this class takes off.(pretty sure it will) then a class the same only with 250cc. Kart motors will come along for bigger drivers.l know this class (125cc Mod) will need to be allowed to have a movable pipe.It needs to have a broader power range than with a fixed pipe so you can get out of the corners. Will be trying one this spring.Also l use 11:17 unit with props for an older 125 Pro unit !!:15. Should be lots of these laying around. Same for midsections . Pro guys mostly use lift mids. now so they likely have some midsections around.. Think l have 4. Here are some pics. of a couple.

Comment

• guedo499
                    guedo499 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That starter is so cute!

• fbref5269
                    fbref5269 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hey are you saying 500 cmod drivers are fat? lol i'd consider getting one if drivers are needed. hope to be down to 190 by racing season. i can be fat and old. baby boomers rock!

frank novotny
                    52-E
                Working...
                X