mod,stock,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod,stock,

Com on boy's and girls, let's get it together. After a brief talk during our last club meeting the following should be a topic of conversation for the National meeting . What happened to the past agreement to hold stocks and mods together at summer nationals? If a particular site would not allow for the noise factor of the mod category, why are they a consideration for a national event? If there is a particular site that can combine but there are personal commissioner issue's , resolving those issue's would be best for those spending their money to race. Splitting is a unnecessary hardship [ xpense to travel and participate ] on our dues paying membership. I think [ and this is difficult for me ] if one was to look at how many stockers also would pay to race a mod class or two or how many modsters would pay to race a stock class or two, the numbers would be much greater than those that race stock to pro or mod to pro [visa versa ]. And why not make the summer Nat's the premier outboard racing event AND include the always impressive pro's category [ and also look for a somewhat centered in the country race site to ease the cost's of traveling to our coastal member's ] This should be discussed and discussed and discussed. Should be at least as important as resolving a stock motor's [ ? ] cooling issue. I dream to imagine all 3 category's working towards a National's , National event.

The 2018 APBA Nationals will be for both Stock and Mod at Moses Lake, Washington. And, there will be several Pro classes... although it won’t be for National titles but most likely a North American Championship.

I think the reason the 2017 APBA Pro / Mod Nationals at Constantine Michigan this year were to see the compatibility of the two groups and to increase the numbers for the Pros.

I also heard that the American Legion officials said that this event was the largest attended they have ever had. There were lots of boats and people there. The pits were jammed full.
    Last edited by DeanFHobart; 12-18-2017, 09:45 AM.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Bob Rusnak
      Bob Rusnak commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the mod/Pro event at Constantine was a great event. True, lots of boats and good competition. Hope they can do it again in the future. It was run off in 3 days with testing included a day before.

At Constantine there were also many J and AX drivers and parents for the final weekend as this was the North American Championships for those classes. Working together is a win for all in racing.

Comment

Other then this past season for Grass Lake I thought recently stock/Mod have had combined nationals.
      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

• Danny Pigott
        Danny Pigott commented
        Editing a comment
        I think MOD and Pro should be together. The USTS is killing APBA Pro racing like it are not. The Kingston Tn races Pro Nat were a disgrace ,These people work harder than anybody to help the racers and they have 3 250H show up the first year I felt sorry for them . The police even help me put up my canopy and take it down and carry it to the car , find this at another race . Now the race is gone. Few know that site of the race was built for boat racing in the 50's the road that runs by the site is named Race Street. Sorry but this is how feel
        Last edited by Danny Pigott; 12-21-2017, 04:49 PM.

• DiGia54D
        DiGia54D commented
        Editing a comment
        Well Understood, Hey Me from CT and Hellsten from Florida went and raced against each other in Michigan last year. With at least 5-7 250's within 4 hours of the race site not going.

APBA killed Pro Racing in APBA with constantly raising costs of membership fees and sanction fees. They did nothing to help promote the Pro division except to make money off of them. The USTS has made Pro racing more affordable and helps promote this division.

Comment

• Danny Pigott
        Danny Pigott commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not knocking the USTS I remember when it started in 83 good idea but I don't think it was intended to replace APBA. I like Pro still have 2 C Konigs and a looper from the past.. The Pro drivers won't support local races.i know wear on the eng ia a reason . They need a eng freeze for about 3 years so if people that buy a new eng can run it for that long with just up keep.

Originally posted by Rex Hall View Post
      APBA killed Pro Racing in APBA with constantly raising costs of membership fees and sanction fees. They did nothing to help promote the Pro division except to make money off of them. The USTS has made Pro racing more affordable and helps promote this division.
      Correct.
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Danny, that is not the main reason that the pro racers do not support local APBA races, it is the cost of the membership to APBA that is more than twice the cost of a USTS membership. The Pro motors today can be run for 3 years with just maintenance on them every year, but to keep up with new technology, some changes need to be made almost every year. Most motors being run in the Pro division are at least 3 years old.

Comment

• M Miner
          M Miner commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish you still raced in Winona MN.

send me an email and let's talk about putting a program together in Winona
        pgrysk@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
        X