Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YAMATO COOLING UPDATE..........TIS THE SEASON.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s some photos of what I’m working with. The photo’s angels are all a little off and my cutter that cuts the pieces is only accurate to .002, but you get the general idea.

I’m excited to not use the new approved method but I’m even more excited that anyone can finally cool a water-cooled race boat engine.

I’ll wait for the approved way to measure these inlet holes, as both methods I’ve used show potential issues.
    http://vitalire.com/

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
      Matt Dagostino commented
      Editing a comment
      Guedo..........the Drill Guide and Inspection Measuring Method is under way...........as the great Green Bay Packers leader likes to say...RELAX. More to come soon. Merry Christmas and a Cool New Year.

• GrandpaRacer
      GrandpaRacer commented
      Editing a comment
      Matt and John, Merry Christmas and a Happy Reduced Tax Year!

something so simple, get out the dewalt drills and start racing!

Comment

Matt,
      Do you know when the decision will be made on drilling 300ssH?
      - Mike

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
        Matt Dagostino commented
        Editing a comment
        It should be announced by Jeff this weekend......

from page 33 in the SO tech manual for the Y80:

https://www.apba.org/sites/all/files...12-3-17%29.pdf

o
      Water inlet enlargement and grooving rule for cooling added for all approved Yamato engines in this class.

How will this rule update be applied to the Y80 with 2 holes, does that engine have reported cool issues at 1/2"?
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

More good news this week.............the 300ssh class has now also been approved for Enhanced Drilling same as all other Yamato Towers! Merry Christmas and a Happy 2018!

A suggested drill guide for the do it yourselfer will be published soon on the APBA website!!

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
          GrandpaRacer commented
          Editing a comment
          Great news, now 300ss racers can race other classes with the same sealed engine! This is good for them and the other classes that will gain participants.

• pav225
          pav225 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is great news, and great for the sport! Well done SORC.

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
        More good news this week.............the 300ssh class has now also been approved for Enhanced Drilling same as all other Yamato Towers! Merry Christmas and a Happy 2018!k

A suggested drill guide for the do it yourselfer will be published soon on the APBA website!!
        Very Very COOL............
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
        X