Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YAMATO COOLING UPDATE..........TIS THE SEASON.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAMATO COOLING UPDATE..........TIS THE SEASON.

The SORC recently approved (optional) 'Enhanced Drilling' to improve cooling on all model Yamato's in the following classes. 25ssr, CSR, 20ssh, CSH. This also applies in the Stock Outboard Marathon Division. The 300ssh Hydro Class is under consideration by the SORC now. Feel free to reach out to your SORC Commissioner with your opinion on this or any other matter of concern. Attached is a copy of the approved rule and a pictorial view of it on what will be the new Page 75 in our 2018 Tech manual. The Rule will be in effect 30 days after Chairman Brewster posts it on the APBA website this month.

The SORC is in the process of creating a 'suggested' pictorial drill guide which will posted here soon. It will ultimately be located in the APBA resources section of the APBA website.

Merry Christmas, looks like 2018 will be a 'cool season' for all Yamato owners.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 12-16-2017, 02:35 PM.

Thanks Matt
    Hopefully the drilling gets approved for 300ssH so we never have issues, and so that we can provide racers with "more bang for the buck" by making it very easy to use a sealed 300ssH motor in 20ssH and C.
    - Mike

Comment

So “enhanced drilling” is okay. But adding a side fin to BSR is sacrilege? Makes sense to me.
      Last edited by adamallen; 12-16-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Congratulations to all the people involved on this issue. This was a well though out solution. Very Cool!!!!
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

As a do it yourselfer, is this something that you can get DQ ed for or should it be done by someone approved to do it?

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
            Matt Dagostino commented
            Editing a comment
            Harold...........read the attachment above in the original post. If you have any questions give me a call anytime. The suggested drill guide will be out soon to assist anyone who wishes to do it themselves.

• Harold8
            Harold8 commented
            Editing a comment
            For some reason I haven’t been able to open the attachment.

• Matt Dagostino
            Matt Dagostino commented
            Editing a comment
            Harold..........try right clicking on your mouse and open it as a new link.

Matt,

I hope the tolerances are not too tight, and this won’t be something that will cause a disqualification.

Deano...........
          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Not an issue by design. There is only one measurement which is generous.

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
              GrandpaRacer commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, no part of the hole can be more than 1.400 inches below the cavitation plate.

Originally posted by flatsmoke View Post
            Not an issue by design. There is only one measurement which is generous.
            Now that’s what I’m talking about.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I think it is Martini time! Who's in?

Comment

Do it for the 300's also. If not you've limited those motors and owners to one class. That would be just dumb, really.

Comment

Hmmm...3 of the 4 stock, untouched towers in my garage are illegal as the pick-up holes are lower than 1.4”.

I suppose it will be fine to fill and redrill?
                  http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Lanphear View Post
                    I think it is Martini time! Who's in?
                    Grey Goose straight up, no vermouth with two olives.
                    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by csh-2z View Post
                      Do it for the 300's also. If not you've limited those motors and owners to one class. That would be just dumb, really.
                      You are right John, this needs to happen also..... especially for the 321, which I have actually heard they have had some cooling issues even at the 300 SS height.
                      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Thanks Lee Sutter and Matt who pulled this over the finish line. Thanks to the Stock Com. Who relealized we had a solution that was available. Now we need Go no Go tools, for those groups that do not have height restriction.

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
                          Hmmm...3 of the 4 stock, untouched towers in my garage are illegal as the pick-up holes are lower than 1.4”.

I suppose it will be fine to fill and redrill?
                          John,

Are these 302 and 321 towers? And are these stock measurements or were they modified?

And you and your family have a great Holiday.

Deano.............
                          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
                          X