Lloyd Mize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyd Mize

Sad news to all Region 11 racers; Lloyd Mize has has died. Lloyd was seen as king of the kilos in many small and large runabout classes, setting many almost unbelievable straightaway records. Lloyd also raced a full closed course schedule for several decades. There will be a celebration of life for Lloyd Saturday Dec. 16 11-2 at River Fountains of Lodi, upper activity room. 311 W Turner Rd., Lodi. For information contact his daughter Tammy Mize-Haynes at 209 331 9909.

Darrell - Thanks for posting. My condolences to the family
    Last edited by 1100-one; 12-08-2017, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Condolences to the family and friends. Lloyd was an amazing boat racer and some of those records still stand.
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Sad news.....i was fortunate to be able to pick up some Mize props recently. He holds some amazing records still......sorry to hear of his passing...
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Just talked with Tammy Lloyds one daughter. We shared many stories about her dad and we talked about the Kilo setting weekend Lloyd had in the late 80's. I and another member here were with Lloyd as his pit crew, helping change motors from one boat to another. I remember Lloyd was after the old 1100r record of 104 at that time. He was over it by quite a bit with a 6 cylender merc on gas until it gave him isues the morning he was to run. Great memories of a great racer, teammate and friend for years. I still have the tower and lower unit for the 44 that set all those records, traded off the power head years ago. RIP my friend as I know you and Dutch Sandison are enjoying your time together again!!!
          Last edited by 1100-one; 12-09-2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X