• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• fbref5269
      fbref5269 commented
      Editing a comment
      that's what I racfed back in the 70's my first time around. would like to find am 30h to restore.

frank Novotny
      52-E

• Harold8
      Harold8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Loved those old motors! Easy to work on too!

Golly. Go pro with the Service and Race classes and race with guys probably older than you with no 1 boat room. Deck to deck. Altho only 5 or 6 at a time so plenty of room and plenty of excitement..LOL
    David Everhart S52
    Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

• Al Lang
      Al Lang commented
      Editing a comment
      Dave, started to build a C Service, but, the wife caught on and said I could go and watch a race and my racing days were over.

Now that's what I call a cool picture... Not only the 30-H, but it looks like it is in the living room.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

These great ideas as long as the class would be large enough. There are a lot of racers
      some not so old, with bum knees or knee replacements that could participate in a sit down class.
      Maybe the class could include both kneeling and sit down. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by ottawamercguy View Post
        There are a lot of racers some not so old, with bum knees or knee replacements that could participate in a sit down class.
        Could those racers participate in 45ss, or Sport C?
        Dave
        42-C

Comment

Originally posted by halestorm View Post

Could those racers participate in 45ss, or Sport C?
          I run Sport C because CSR was no longer an option for me because my neck has gotten pretty stiff. I can kneel and see where I am going, I either have a good view of the floorboards or I am as aerodynamic as a barn door. We joke in Region 11 that the minimum age for Sport C is 70, most of our drivers are pretty ancient, me included.
          kk

Comment

When this was first posted I first thought about Runabout's. Here in the East it seems like most of the guys are old Runabout Drivers. So it would be neat to get them back out on the water. Maybe cut it down to a 2 lap Dash and not even worry about the boat count in that class. Just get them out there

Comment

I like the idea, but I'm not sure APBA would go for it, or that schedules would accommodate another class, at least not without getting rid of another. We've seen the mess ensues any time anyone suggests paring down the number of existing classes.
              Dane Lance
              700-P
              CSH/500Mod

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
                GrandpaRacer commented
                Editing a comment
                Dylan has started that discussion, so the fur will start flying. Bill Pavlick probably has the right idea, for areas that need more racers Masters C could be tried as a local class.
                John Adams

Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
              There is also the Stock Classic category. You could buy a 30H for quite a bit less than a 302 and get a quite satisfactory boat ride. It'd be cool to see them in stock form more. Those wraparound cowlings were really cool!
              John, 2-Z
              I still have both my 30h's I'm ready for Millville 1 more time if you need to borrow 1.
              Leigh, [FLYER]
              Last edited by Flyer; 11-19-2017, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Good idea John. To get the ball rolling - generate some interest with those in your area and put it on the schedule as a "Special Event". That way you run it covered by APBA rules and insurance and the best part is the only approval you need is from those in your club. You don't need APBA, SORC, or Hydroracer.net approval. Just do it and share the results with us later.

Bill

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
                  GrandpaRacer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would like to do this but SOA (Seattle Outboard) is too big. We run Stock, Mod and Pro and can just barely get through our schedules now. We may be able to do it at 1 race. We have a local class we call Novice C (precursor to 300ss) which shows your idea can work. But other parts of the country may need more classes, Masters C may help.

This has been an interesting discussion but Bill I think has the right idea. For areas that need more registrations try Masters C as a local class. Maybe in time it will gain traction and then the SORC can take action. In Region 10 we tried Novice C as a local class and in time 300ss resulted at the National level. Thanks for all your ideas.
                John Adams

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                  Matt Dagostino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I prefer the suggested class name be SUPER C..............has a nice ring to it from the 1970's. Just sayin.

Don't we already have a class for this? I thought it was called 300SSH. I thought that is what this class was for. New drivers, drivers moving to this class before 20 & C, and people that just want to race and not mix it up in 20 & C.

Now one could argue, that I would much rather go into the corner with twelve 20's, then twelve 300's...
                "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Flyer View Post

John, 2-Z
                  I still have both my 30h's I'm ready for Millville 1 more time if you need to borrow 1.
                  Leigh, [FLYER]
                  Leigh, I still have mine as well. And the prop!

Comment

• Flyer
                    Flyer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I never got rid of any of the props. Just 1 more time.

• Harold8
                    Harold8 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Still have my best 30H prop too! Wish I had kept my motor tho.

Al come and have fun. We get on at all ioa races plus at Pell lake, and we are considering going to the winter nats in the spring. Usually have 5 or 6 in all 4 classes. Among us competition is spirited
                  David Everhart S52
                  Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Working...
                  X