No announcement yet.

YAMATO 321 ENHANCED DRILLING COOLING TEST......Tabor City, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys want to race or continue this pissing match, Lee has come up with a simple fix that anyone can do - so go with it and get on with the program!! My good friend Todd will appreciate this quote " you are riding in a cart pulled by a horse with blinders" Bob Smith UK.

Mitch Meyer 82N, N82 APBA member since 1961

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
      Matt Dagostino commented
      Editing a comment
      MITCH.............nice to see you are still watching over us 'Stockers'. Hope all is well with you.

• 1100-one
      1100-one commented
      Editing a comment
      Mitch-Did you have vegetarian pizza again lol. Don't make me call Chancey. Hope all is well with you. The Ca Todd
      Last edited by 1100-one; 11-02-2017, 10:43 AM.

• rumleyfips
      rumleyfips commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the ways you know that Mitch knows what he is talking about is that he always thought that I didn't know what I was talking about.

Reed will eventually come around, he's a smart guy.
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

I'm to the point that I don't care what we do. You can put a radiator in your boat for all I care! We've been dealing with issues like this for all these years, while our sport crumbles around us. We need to get these motors pumping water and move on. Whatever it takes!

Comment

• reed28n
        reed28n commented
        Editing a comment
        We deal with issues like this because we do not make data based decisions. We are bouncing from coast to coast with stories and individual accounts and complaints. I am asking to hit the pause button. What decision will postively impact the highest number of racers? We need data.

• flatsmoke
        flatsmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Disagree. The problem is obvious, epidemic and profound. Current owners are negatively impacted and potential racers won’t purchase a motor with a known cooling problem. It is noteworthy that those who continue to stomp their feet and object are those who will face more competition when the engines properly cool.

We should all grow up and do what is in the best interest of racing.

• Matt Dagostino
        Matt Dagostino commented
        Editing a comment
        Johnny...............one reason our sport is crumbling around us is due to issues like this and the lack of quick, decisive and permanent solutions for all.....food for thought.
        Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 11-06-2017, 02:09 PM.

I was for the cool tool from the beginning, but at this point, I say just let racers cool their engines any way they want to with one rule: no drilling into the powerhead. Other than that, go for it...drag a tube, drill out the pee hole as big as you want (on your engine that is), or put a **** radiator on it if that's your gig. I'm sure we'd see all kinds of fun methods show up, but in reality, does anyone really think that's going to give anyone any sort of serious speed boost?

And speaking of true "stock" racing, this isn't about trying to fenangle some performance boosting mod, it's about preserving the only new engine choice we have for these classes going forward. Besides, is a purpose built Japanese racing engine really a "stock" engine to begin with (which brings up questions about APBA's marketing of this category "...using common fishing motors..."... my ass.......
      Dane Lance
      700-P
      CSH/500Mod

Comment

When is a Sidewiner Pure stock,wake up.

Comment

• csh-2z
          csh-2z commented
          Editing a comment
          Tom,

There are no modifications allowed and the tolerances are tight enough that any attempt to modify would probably not be worth the time or money.
      Working...
      X