RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM

OK folks, what is the best RPM that I should be looking for with my 302 on a runabout?

I am not a runabout guy but peak power on a 302 is rated at 6600rpm and on a 321 6800rpm ( I am relying on my memory). Now you have to decide do you want to see that peak in the corner or some where in the straight away. You will get answers all over the place... that is what makes racing fun, there are a lot of right answers.
    John Adams
    Last edited by GrandpaRacer; 10-26-2017, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Wild Bill 96D
      Wild Bill 96D commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought there mite be more than one answer. HA HA HA

Also not a Rbout guy. Manual states do not exceed 8000 rpm and hp curve is rather flat from 6200 to 7200 only increasing about 1/2 hp at max hp at 6600. Find a prop that your engine will turn and pulls out from the corners and keeps the revs up and gets up there in the 7000+ in the straights, course dependent. Ex when I raced 25ssh in the 70's the 25ss was rated at 6600 rpm max recommended. Never propped for that ran in the 6800 -7200 rpm like others to get to the front and stay there. Never blew a reed or anything.

302 manual
    see 4 line I-4 E, 26 and 27
    http://yamatoracing.com/y302manual.pdf
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Working...
    X