X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
    I love the Stock Commission meetings but I think it is ridiculous that as a member I cannot attend without paying!

I also love the idea of having race related informative seminars. Particularly regarding promotion because it is the common goal of those who attend this meeting to grow our sport.
    Yes...... Promotion is a major priority. The problem is how to do it and get the best bang for the buck.

Like Nike..... "Just Do It".

Leave a comment:

• pav225
    commented on 's reply
    I enjoy harassing Don Allen

• ryan_4z
    replied
    I love the Stock Commission meetings but I think it is ridiculous that as a member I cannot attend without paying!

I also love the idea of having race related informative seminars. Particularly regarding promotion because it is the common goal of those who attend this meeting to grow our sport.
    Last edited by ryan_4z; 09-20-2017, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Big Don
    replied

I like the politics and giving back to the sport. Nice to see how things work behind the scenes. HOC Banquet.

As suggested and I know it's being worked on...seminars.

Leave a comment:

• yarnoracin
    replied
    I have agreed to prepare a presentation on the SOA New Folks in Boats Program and I can add the J Boat Build into that since they are related. I think that this presentation would go well into the changes that are being looked at for the National Meeting.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• Wakefield 2015
    commented on 's reply
    That would be GREAT! I think MRC hosts a decent Racer's School but we really struggle with attracting students.

• GrandpaRacer
    replied
    Some more topics come to mind. Matt Yarno has agreed to prepare a presentation on How SOA attracts 40 people to participate in their New Folk in Boats program. Maybe you can talk him or some one else into presenting How SOA's J boat build Program works.

Leave a comment:

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Originally posted by adamallen View Post
    I am curious of the comments that everyone may have on this topic.

Why do you attend the NM?
    What changes to the format would you suggest?
    Why have you never attended the NM?
    What would inspire you to attend future NMs?
    1. I attend because I can see everyone all in one place... That is always great.

2. Format changes... I'm not sure. Possibly more local "Interest Excursions".

3. N/A for me.

4. Inspiration to attend in the future... How about a Guest Speaker. Number 2 above.

Leave a comment:

• GrandpaRacer
    replied
    I can not take credit for this idea but it may be successful to have some technical presentations by experts. Something like 1/2 hour presentations by experts on things like; Fuel/race gas/alcohol; 2 cycle port timing effects; Oil types/effects; Props, What works and what doesn't: How to cool a Yamato . Things like this may be a good time filler and draw more people.
    John Adams
    Last edited by GrandpaRacer; 09-20-2017, 08:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• adamallen
    started a topic APBA National Meeting

APBA National Meeting

I am curious of the comments that everyone may have on this topic.

Why do you attend the NM?
    What changes to the format would you suggest?
    Why have you never attended the NM?
    What would inspire you to attend future NMs?
Working...
X