Angle Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle Lake

I just want to thank the race committee for the Angle Lake race Seattle Outboard Association hosted last weekend. Matt Yarno, Howard and Jan Shaw, Ric Sanstrom....and the rest of the people that worked hard before and during the race to make it a great success. 36 some odd heats a day and we are done both days before 5....I sure am sore today, but can't wait till next years race!

No one more dedicated to the promotion of outboard racing here in Region 10 than Matt, Rick, Howard and Jan. They spend countless hours ever year volunteering their time to make sure boat racers can keep racing.
    Untethered from reality!

Comment

Dave,

Thank you and I am lucky to be the race director for this race. It is pretty easy due to the Angle Lake Shore Club and the City of Sea-Tac who accept boat racing on the lake. It was challenging for 2 years trying to convince the city to let us race and to get the 5mph speed limited lifted for 2 days. However, once we were able to do that they have bent over backwards to make things happen. They don't seem to mind the noise since they are two blocks away from SeaTac airport!

This year one of the lake residences installed about 600' of phone cable to connect our PA into a phone line so he could broadcast it around the lake on a 1watt FM broadcast. At almost every house around the lake people were outside watching all weekend long. One of the houses behind the barge even gave us a paddle boat and access to the bathroom at there house.

The team that is in place is excellent and without them and the volunteers we couldn't have gotten through the 36 heats on Saturday and 38 heats on Sunday with starting at 11am and done by 4:30pm.

This event will continue to grow into one of our best races within Region 10.
      Last edited by yarnoracin; 09-13-2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

How many entries? Congratulations SOA.... The Broadcast around the lake is really cool. This is the kind of stuff that promotes our sport.
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Cool pics from the sky!

Comment

We had somewhere right around 90. Last year we had more and next year we will be up again. We were on the same weekend as the Inboard Nationals at Spanaway just 20 minutes south so we lost about 10 entries right off the bat. Lawrence Lake is this coming weekend and people start moving in on Thursday with testing on Friday. I expect that in 2018 the 350 class will also attend and would like to host the MOD Divisional's again.

The broadcast was excellent as Kay-Dub Myers Brewer does an excellent job!

Comment

Working...
            X