New Folks in Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Folks in Boats

Seattle Outboard Association had 40 people sign up for their New Folks in Boats program at their recent Eatonville, WA Race. This program provides instructions, safety gear and first time rides in real Outboard hydroplanes. Go to Seattle Outboard Association's Facebook page for photos. Thanks to a huge effort to all members of SOA and CORA involved.

That is great !!!

sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaRacer View Post
      Seattle Outboard Association had 40 people sign up for their New Folks in Boats program at their recent Eatonville, WA Race. This program provides instructions, safety gear and first time rides in real Outboard hydroplanes. Go to Seattle Outboard Association's Facebook page for photos. Thanks to a huge effort to all members of SOA and CORA involved.
      40...... Wow... Way to go Region 10, i.e. SOA and CORA. This and the J Program make Region 10 have as many racers as they do.

I heard the Boat count at Eatonville was over 100.

All cool stuff.
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
        GrandpaRacer commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard there were about 140 entries at Eatonville.

I just donated 40 of John Adam's Hydro Basic books to the New Folks program. Each participant will be sent a copy of the book along with an invitation to the last three of SOA's/CORA's events this year.

I really think this simple followup and an education tool will be pay dividends in years to come.

Good job guys and gals.

John.

http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Event was well organized.......I think we had 4 groups of people go thru pre-race school, then out on the course they went. There were a few people that had boatracing on their "bucket list", while a fair number of people were actually interested in purchasing equipment and start racing....all in all it was a lot of fun for everybody.

Comment

In addition, per John Adam's permission, he has authorized me to reproduce his book without profit for the benefit of boat-racing.

If a club would like to reproduce the book on their own, incorporating with their own materials, it is available at http://www.seattleoutboard.org/racing/

OR:

Each book costs me $1.98 in fixed costs, without labor or shipping - you pay that, per book, and the shipping, and I'll take care of the rest.

John.
          http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
            In addition, per John Adam's permission, he has authorized me to reproduce his book without profit for the benefit of boat-racing.

If a club would like to reproduce the book on their own, incorporating with their own materials, it is available at http://www.seattleoutboard.org/racing/

OR:

Each book costs me $1.98 in fixed costs, without labor or shipping - you pay that, per book, and the shipping, and I'll take care of the rest.

John.
            As a reminder, the USPS has a "Media Postage Rate".
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

That is so awesome!

I hope you didn't put anybody in a Kyle boat, either Kyle

Great job

Tim
              Tim Weber

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaRacer View Post
                ​one new racer bought a complete CSH rig that weekend.................even if we only gain 3 new racers, that is still a huge success!! Congrats to all that make this happen and spent tireless hours of their time to benefit the clubs and boat racing! I even got a new racer going (my brother........who actually beat me in 850........boy, is that going to cost me............LOL!)
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
                  GrandpaRacer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last year one of the bigger New Folks bought a complete DSH outfit!

that's why I keep putting different people in my boats!!!! "bigger folks"...............hahahahahahahhaha
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• mike ross
                  mike ross commented
                  Editing a comment
                  just lay down and go for a ride. Looked easy at the nationals

haha................its never easy Mike.............
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Sorta curious....how do other regions/clubs run their drivers schools?

Comment

John Adams asked me to make a post on what SOA does throughout the year to promote new folks in boats. I am sorry that I havent yet because I am race director for our race at Angle Lake which is this weekend and trying to put the last few ends together. This race is within 5 minutes from the SeaTac airport terminal. Early next week I will take the time to post.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                    X