Helmet fogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet fogging

In areas where humidity runs high we all know the problem foggy visors can be, especially in a full face type.. I'm going to buy a new helmet & want to know if there's any this is not a problem with or at least is less of one.
    Team Tower

I got a simpson super bandit last winter and have worn it all year long and it did not fog on me at all including during the marathon at top o' it did fog a slight bit at lock haven this weekend but that was because it was 45 F out and it was from my breath
    Ryan Brewster 57-S

Comment

I have always treated my helmet with Rain-X wipes on both the inside and outside, and run a Simpson bandit as well. I have never had a problem with the helmet fogging, my glasses on the other hand while testing always did. (I race wearing contacts). I did have a problem with my older Bell, and not enough circulation in the helmet even with the vents open.
      When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Originally posted by DtwSailor View Post
        I have always treated my helmet with Rain-X wipes on both the inside and outside, and run a Simpson bandit as well. I have never had a problem with the helmet fogging, my glasses on the other hand while testing always did. (I race wearing contacts). I did have a problem with my older Bell, and not enough circulation in the helmet even with the vents open.
        Rain-X is the solution.
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I have a Scorpion R410 and it has never fogged up on me.
          Dane Lance
          700-P
          CSH/500Mod

Comment

Rain X does help
            Team Tower

Comment

At flying point my Pyrotec fogged up so bad I almost hit the concrete radio tower in the middle of the course
              Scared the daylights out of me
              I duct taped the black plastic cap from a sharpie magic marker to the bottom edge so the shield could not close all the way
              Looks like h*ll but has not fogged up since
              It is staying on there BTW
              522-P

Comment

Between that, partially open & rain x it will happen less but still can some. Visibility is tuff in our sport as is with spray in the turns in any weather. That's why I'm asking about a brand that tends not to fog before doing things to it.
                Team Tower

Comment

Get any brand of helmet you like but get a Pinlock Fog-Resistant Lens. It works.

Comment

I ran with Fog City inserts for years...They work amazing. visor closed, head through a spray eyes open and never fog. they were great.
                    a quick look at the Pinlock Fog-Resistant Lens looks to be very similar. I also tried Pro Grip inserts. They we not good for optics, but didn't fog.

bottomline, find a helmet that fits, but the inserts. FogCity makes insets specific for Arai and Simpson, plus a standard for most regular visors.
                    ----
                    Graham18ce
                    Team Canada ThunderCat
                    Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
                    Twitter @FralickRacing
                    Instagram @FralickRacing

Comment

Mike- You have been given the best answers, and I will add one. If you have a scuba shop close they sell anti fog spray for mask. Use to carry all the time. Little pricey but no issues.
                      Last edited by 1100-one; 09-06-2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Urinate on the inside of the shield, seems to work for my buddies that I did for them, maybe someday I will try my own!

Comment

• csh-2z
                          csh-2z commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's also good for the foam padding, it keeps it soft and cozy.

this is what I use when snowmobiling and its the ****. Its called Cat Crap look it up. Rub it on the inside of yoyur shield and buff it up after applacation. Crazy name but it works. this on the inside and rain ex on the out side.

mike ross

Comment

HJC with a pin lock inner shield worked perfectly without any fogging at Lockhaven this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                        X