Who was 19-N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was 19-N

several years ago i picked up a 55-H to restore. As i was breaking it down for restoration i noticed the mag had 19-N wolfe scribed on it. who was/is he and any history on him and the engine. thanks in advance.

frank novotny
    52-E

That would be Eric Wolfe 19N -
    Still holds a CBF 1 2/3 - 3 lap record in DSH @ 67.134 from 1976. likely others. but that one i know is still in our book.
    Last edited by Graham 18ce; 08-08-2017, 10:32 AM. Reason: year typo
    ----
    Graham18ce
    Team Canada ThunderCat
    Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
    Twitter @FralickRacing
    Instagram @FralickRacing

Comment

is he still around? what hydro did he drive? i bought a marchetti early picklefork that i have been told that was his.

frank

Comment

Check with Lee Furnal,they were good friends.Tom

Comment

Frank, Eric passed away many years ago, he was a great guy, and had great stuff.

Comment

thanks for the replies. it's nice to know some history of those who have owned engines and boats you are restoring.

frank

Comment

Dad comes on here once in awhile. If you post pictures of the boat he might be able to tell you something about it or he might relay it through me.
              Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

• fbref5269
                fbref5269 commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks i will

Frank - Eric did drive the 19N DSH Marchetti and he drove it very well. In fact, CBF has a Perpetual Award named in his memory. 002.jpg

Comment

• fbref5269
                fbref5269 commented
                Editing a comment
                was his marchetti a pickle fork with the inside deck cut round not square like they are today?

• TPLACE31
                TPLACE31 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes it was.....

• fbref5269
                fbref5269 commented
                Editing a comment
                do you remember what color the engine was?

Some more info on Eric.
              If you open the link it will take you to some info from last year and a picture of Eric at the awards ceremony in 1976 or 1977 ( not sure )

The first picture is from Welland, Ontario and is from 1975, driving a Marchetti.
              The second picture is with his new Marchetti Picklefork either late 1975 or 1976. ( First place)

With the Picklefork in 1976 he set a 5 mile speed record at 67.134 mph on a 1 2/3 course which is still on the Canadian Boating Federation website.

In 1977 he won Stock Outboard National High Points in DSH with 10 first place finishes out of 16 races plus a second place and a third at the Nationals.

Not sure if he passed away in late 1977 or 1978 but way to early, only in his early 30"s, who knows what he could have done racing.
              Plus missed out on many more things in life.

He may have been racing 225 inboards also but I do not have that info.

Eric Paul Wolfe (boatracingfacts.com)

Eric Wolfe_ccexpress.jpeg Eric , Welland, Ontario_ccexpress.jpeg

Comment

Eric also drove a 225 inboard hydro called "Pride of Syracuse"

Comment

Eric was a wealthy guy from Syracuse, NY or at least that general area. He died prematurely in the 1970s from non-boat-racing reasons. He was an outgoing and well-liked individual and a more than merely competent boat racer.

Comment

From BoatRacingFacts.com:

Comment

The link didn't appear to work right........sorry. Go to BoarRacingFacts.com and search Eric Wolfe.

Comment

Working...
                      X