Top O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top O

Good evening to everyone, I would like to ask a question concerning a racer ( driver from Black Lake around Cheboygan, Mi by the name of Tom Dunn and wondering if anyone new of him and what might have happened to him. I last saw of him when they were starting the race from Hobarts Marina in Mullet Lake Village. His boat was black and believe he raced in C class. Too old to recall much more. Thanks, Duane

Where is the best location to watch the race Saturday? Taking the wife and a couple pre teens
    sigpic
    WWW.COMPMILLENNIA.COM
    Composite fabricator
    ISO 9001-2008 Quality Certified
    Washington, North Carolina

Comment

One of the best observation spots on Sat. is where Chippewa Beach Rd. passes by Indian River. That road is the first street North of the bridge in the town of Indian River. Don't know of a best spot for Sunday as most of the race is in Bert Lake and Crooked River.

Comment

• raceboat61-S
        raceboat61-S commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually the best place is behind the wheel of a roll-up 25XS powered runabout ! But if you just want to spectate, go to the "green wall" on Prospect St in Indian River. Cross the bridge (north) immediate left on Prospect. You can watch both left and right hand turns there. On Sunday watch the start of the race,first, at Devoe Park, then go back to the green wall for the final few minutes of the race. There you'll witness boats going both ways near the end of the race.

That all sounds great. Scoping out a bucket list item, that dates from when My Dad took a certain 10 year old to see the race, 55 years ago!
      Now if they will let an old boatbuilder with marginal knees and formerly broken back let me build a runabout with a shock absorbing lay back seat, I could be there!
      sigpic
      WWW.COMPMILLENNIA.COM
      Composite fabricator
      ISO 9001-2008 Quality Certified
      Washington, North Carolina

Comment

Working...
      X