102 coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 102 coils

In need of coils for my 102 or if anyone knows of the external kit and yes I know about swapping to the 302 top
    Just looking for the easy way out for now

Call Tom Johnston, home 517-451-9120, or cell 734-344-9950. Or John Adams 425-442-1714... He is the one that invented it... I just talked to him yesterday about it. There is a fix.

Good luck on your project.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Best of luck buddy. I called the world over and finally Shannon Bowman sold me a plate with 2 coils. Best bet is to convert.
      -Nick Hooten

Comment

Our original design used Y80 pickup coils in place of the bad 102 coils. They work but had a waeker spark at low speeds because the mechanical fit to the ID of the flywheel was not as good as the 102 coils. These Y80 coils are primary pick up only so you need a secondary high voltage external coil as well. To improve the pickup of the primary we took bad 102 coils and removed the windings. In the process we took note of the number and direction of turns of the original primary. I then rewound primary coil on the core with 22gauge magnet wire in the same direction and number of turns as the original. This can be done by hand, a bit tedious tho. The rewound primary (22ga) wired to the external high voltage secondary coils worked much better than Y80 pick up coils.
        John Adams

Comment

You need one or both coils? I may have some at the house.
          spider pig, spider pig, spider pig does what'ever a spider pig does.

Comment

If I understand your question you only need to rewire the primary (the big wires) and throw away the fine wires. You need to rewire both internal pick up cores. And you need the two external High Voltage coils. Somewhere on HR I posted schematics.

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
              GrandpaRacer commented
              Editing a comment
              Oops, I see your question was for the original poster... sorry.
          Working...
          X