Lay Down Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lay Down Pictures

Does anyone have pictures of the cockpit of their lay down boat, showing the positioning of the throttle in relationship to the steering wheel?
    I'm trying something out but can't seem to find a position that's comfortable or even works!

Talk to Ron France, his last boat was a laydown ASH.

Comment

Been laying down for years from hydror to runabouts, most try to just bring the parts from a kneeler down to floor without any regard to driver comfort. I recommend you first start by just laying on your living room floor. Notice what it takes to hold your head up to see? Your elbows! Now wad up a pillow and place under the top portion of your chest. See how that takes to strain off your elbows and you can now use them to turn the wheel without picking yourself up? Next while laying on the floor, pretend you have a throttle in your left hand. Squeeze your hand together. See how your hand works? Your fingers come to your palm, your palm does not go to your fingers as in a kneeler. You want to buy or maybe make a throttle even and turn it backwards so that when you squeeze the throttle it is done naturally, fingers to palm, kinda like waving bye bye! The next step is to now climb into your boat and see if you can do the same as above in the cockpit. You will have to lay the wheel down, some like it flat, I like just a bit of angle. You will maybe have to change your wheel diameter but most always Chang to a wheel that has zero or just a bit of dish. This way your right hand can reach and hold comfortably. Then place your loose throttle to where it too is comfortable. Then see if you can mount it there. You will have to modify this a bit possibly because you did not say type of boat or class you are running or the area that you live in so that you may be able to see what and how others do this. Hope this helps, steve

Comment

• John Schubert
        John Schubert commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve,

Did you see my message to your MK25 block & CC auction on eBay? They might not have allowed it to go through. email me at jschubert19j@gmail.com

I did John, if you want it I can bring to Depue/ Constantine

Comment

I like the throttle being reversed, so so that use your fingers to close the throttle (wide open). This also helps prevent accidentally going wide-open should you be pushed forward in the cockpit. And try the Rossi throttle for this. Small and set up to work as described. I think Steve's comments above are good. The fit is usually tight laying still, but the running engine will vibrate you loose!! Once set-up in the boat comfortably, consider adding a toe hold or two to help prevent sliding inside cockpit. My steering wheel is just about flat. I am using a small hub now, but used a large hub is prior laydown.
        David Weaver

Comment

I have Rossi throttles in stock,pull laydown $85.00. tcronk@tampabay.rr.com

Comment

Look in Will Hunters 125...they are all about the same. Nothing comfy about any of them
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

It was eluded to earlier to have a chest board at an angle. I would make up a "mock up" cockpit and try different things. The width of the cockpit is also important. It needs to be just wide enough so your shoulders are comfortable but not too wide... you need to "wedge" yourself in there. Or, go to a Title Series race and ask some of the guys if you can try out their boat just laying in it on the beach.

Also, the helmet neck area in the back needs to have more room so your head can be elevated more. Otherwise the helmet will be pushed down over your eyes.

What class will the boat be?

Good Luck with your project.
              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Harold8
                Harold8 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hoping to use in CSH.

Originally posted by deeougee View Post
              Talk to Ron France, his last boat was a laydown ASH.
              Yes, for sure... Talk to Ron France... He is one of the best.
              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Having good results so far with a laydown CSH/OSY400. Just have to keep driver from running over debris and punching holes in sponson. I can provide you with carbon fiber chest ramps I use in PRO boats.

Comment

• tcf284
                  tcf284 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes at least I didn't break it someone else did lol
              Working...
              X