Rock Falls River Chase (IL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Falls River Chase (IL)

Hope to see you all at the 2017 Rock Falls River Chase in Rock Falls, IL.

Friday July 7th -
    Free test and tune 2pm - 6pm as long as everything is setup

Saturday July 8th -
    Racing 10:30am - 5:00pm

Sunday July 9th -
    Racing 10:30am - 5:00pm

Free donuts Saturday morning!

Free dinner party on Saturday evening!

Terry
    Last edited by Hotwheeler44; 06-26-2017, 06:21 PM.

Great place to race! Looking forward to being there.

Comment

Water conditions?? The last couple of years has seen some high and fast water on the river. Just wondering what this year is looking like. High water brings debrie with it.

Comment

• Hotwheeler44
        Hotwheeler44 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last year the water level was actually low. Currently there is no debris and water level is great. Just don't want anyone getting the wrong idea with this race. We have had a good track record for the last 3 years with only about 3 boats catching wind if it comes out of the west. I think thats pretty good compared to other race sites.

Hi Mike,

As of today the water level is the same as it was when we tested there a month ago. We had boats on the water all day and no issues with level or debris.

Comment

I agree. We've tested there multiple times this year, without any issue. We even went after a week straight of rain (the Fox River was closed due to high water), and didn't have an issue.

Hope you guys can make it. It's a fun race course and Terry Hicks and the entire town does a very good job supporting it.
        - Mike

Comment

• racingfan1
          racingfan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          What the start times , planning on coming up to takes some pictures.

• Hotwheeler44
          Hotwheeler44 commented
          Editing a comment
          Friday July 7th - Free test and tune 2pm - 6pm as long as everything is setup

Saturday July 8th - Racing 10:30am - 5:00pm

Sunday July 9th - Racing 10:30am - 5:00pm

What are the dates??

Comment

• Hotwheeler44
          Hotwheeler44 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry forgot to put that at the top.

Friday July 7th - Free test and tune 2pm - 6pm as long as everything is setup

Saturday July 8th - Racing 10:30am - 5:00pm

Sunday July 9th - Racing 10:30am - 5:00pm

One of my favorite places to race! Looking forward to seeing everyone there, I've even heard rumblings of some east coast drivers who may be up to the challenge!

Comment

Free Donuts ???????????????? Don't tell Gary Pond.

Comment

Is anyone willing to run 500 mod hydro ? I would love to join you on Saturday, cont make Sunday. Willing to step up to 750 just to turn some laps. M Miner 157G

Comment

• Hotwheeler44
              Hotwheeler44 commented
              Editing a comment
              I know there is usually 4 guys that run 750 mod hydro at this race. I don't remember all their names. Rod Terzinski, Larry Terzinski, Franck (spelling), and a guy that runs an orange boat 28C? out of the Oshkosh area.
              Last edited by Hotwheeler44; 07-02-2017, 06:22 AM.

• Fast Freddie
              Fast Freddie commented
              Editing a comment
              Might make one of our orange boats run C (500) Mod Hydro if we can get one more involved...**Update - gear case has a problem so not able to run 500 MH this weekend. Sorry.

750 MH has Rod, Larry, Ralph Immel, Mike Franck and myself (28C or 186W) and more at most races. Your 500 MH could run with us.
              Last edited by Fast Freddie; 07-05-2017, 07:34 AM.

The 2017 Rock Falls River Chase is in the book, and goes down as the most well-attended River Chase in history from both driver entries and spectator count. Drivers from as far as California and New Jersey came to tame the Mighty Rock River along with racers from Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota and Ohio. Near-perfect weather for all three days kept the program moving along at a steady clip and kept the fans engaged. We ran a very successful Racing School Friday which netted two new racers who already have competitive rigs. Combined with our customary FREE testing from 2-6 p.m., racers who arrived early to the event were able to set up and run laps on the race course to get an edge on the Saturday and Sunday competition. Along with our regular schedule, the BSH Divisional Championships were held Saturday which provided exciting, edge-of-your-seat racing. Sunday was no slouch either, and the fans were treated to some very close competition. Racing was capped off Saturday evening with a spectacular racer's party hosted by Froggy's Bar and Grill in downtown Rock Falls. The ever-popular Yamato Main Event got a twist for Sunday when runabouts were added in to run with the hydros for an all out free-for-all! Marine Racing club thanks all of our sponsors and vendors for making this event better and better year after year. We are already planning for the 2018 event, and are looking forward to seeing you all there!

Comment

Working...
            X