New Dewey Anderson d stock hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dewey Anderson d stock hydro

Just picked up my new tohatsu powered Dart craft today.....wow... this thing is simply stunning! I want to thank Dewey for all the hard work he put into it....was going to test today but no such luck....40 mph gusts do not make good testing water. First time looks like it will be first heat cullaby Saturday.....gulp! Will post some pics when I get new phone figured out.

Nice pictures Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by flatsmoke View Post
      Nice pictures Dave.
      What pictures?
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

We had a new D Stock built by Jason Dirkson. I got to meet Mr. Dartcraft Dewey Anderson in LA this winter. I saw Lee Sutter's Dart Craft last year. Excellent workmenship. Dave could you share the deminsions as I had gotten deminsions from Larry Darneille. Our boat is built with his measurements except we went one inch wider to 39 inches. Our Reed D hydro had 3 1/2 " lift. We use a laser on the bottom to measure, put a ruler at the front and the light will tell you the lift. Can you share the difference between the Dart Craft and your other boats that you have raced.

Comment

As you go wider, the amount of wood goes up, and the weight goes up. I'm interested in boats that are well built with strength to with stand turning over without damage. I'm also interested in. raising the weight to 500lb. In the 80s and 90s we lost a lot of racers who bought Personel Water Crafts. Dealers offered payment plans, turn keyed starts and boats that can take any water conditions. Today, you can buy a PWC that goes 60 mph plus. To modernize our sport, I am suggest we raise the weights so those who put electric starts and build bigger, stronger boats are not at a disadvantage. The average American is much bigger than they were 20 years ago. I really like carbon fiber boats, but the cost is higher, and it maybe our future.

Comment

Working...
          X