NBRA Long Course Nationals Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBRA Long Course Nationals Question

Is your website correct for this race scheduled at Centralia, ILL for Aug. 3, 4, 5? How long is the course? What does an NBRA membership cost? Can I buy a membership just to race at this event? What day is registration, or how does that work? Any other details to note? Thanks in advance!
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
    JH/JR

ya, I am interested in this info also.............might make the trip
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• squirrelboydeluxe
      squirrelboydeluxe commented
      Editing a comment
      You inspire me mercguy- this race is 744mi one way for me, which I thought was a lot.
      Then I see it is over 2100mi for you. Centralia IL seems a lot closer now- many thanks!
      522-P

The dates are correct, registration will be open all day on Friday and all racing will happen on Saturday and Sunday. You must be a full member which I think is $85 or $100. You must join the local club but we will waive any fees to join the ODA. We will be paying out tow money to every trailer, and the race course is probably too 5 in the country!!! We would love to have a stone that wants to come!!!
    Keith Kampen

Comment

Race course will be between 3/4 and 1 mile long
      Keith Kampen

Comment

Full day of insures testing on Thursday!!!
        Keith Kampen

Comment

• mercguy
          mercguy commented
          Editing a comment
          so, testing on Thursday, registration on Friday??? Is there testing on Friday?

• kampenracing
          kampenracing commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes there is a full day of testing on friday

I think this course is just over 9 10ths of a mile.Pits are paved, great launch area, in 14 yrs. racing here no stoppages for rough water. No pleasure boats.Power in the pits & camper area.

Comment

Great race water and if you have not been to a NBRA race, you will find friendly but tough competition.
          Last edited by Hydro doc; 07-09-2017, 04:42 AM.

Comment

The last time I set the course there it was .82 miles. I think it has remained at that through the years. Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
              The last time I set the course there it was .82 miles. I think it has remained at that through the years. Jack
              ​well, that doesn't sound like a "long course" Jack.....LOL.........................anyways, we will be there..........

so what is a "short course"?
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• boatracer69r
                boatracer69r commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Daren, looks like I'll be getting some miles in this year!!! Racing in California, Michigan, Illinois, and a non racing trip to Georgia. Hopefully I'll get the new boat done in time for you...if not at least we'll have Ole blue!

They call it the Long Course to differentiate between the two annual nationals (short course-usually .5 miles or so and long course- .75 or a little longer as is this one). Our folks have gotten to favor shorter courses through the years. Sure makes the schedule go fast. I think you will enjoy the race course and Alan Owen puts on a great race. Jack

Comment

Thanks for the info. I put it on the calendar. Will reasses when time gets closer but really hope to make it this year.
                Joe Silvestri
                CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                JH/JR

Comment

• fbref5269
                  fbref5269 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  joe how did you do at the nationals

frank novotny
                  52-E

Joe-- You will have a great time and the race course is really good and you will meet some new race friends.. It is a CAN'T lose weekend... Rick

Comment

I'm sure I will Rick. Will both my CSH and 500MH be legal in NBRA? Just double checking.
                  Joe Silvestri
                  CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                  JH/JR

Comment

Joe---Yes they will be... we also don't have height restriction for CSH

Comment

Local hotel info ?

Comment

Working...
                      X