What hydroplane boat is this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What hydroplane boat is this.

Some one near me (2 hour drive each way) is selling this boat. Does anyone know anything about it? Heis asking
    $100.

With all due respect, it appears to be a children's amusement ride from the 1960's. Only thing missing the coin box that turns it on for 3 minutes.
    David Weaver

Comment

I believe it's a real boat, and not an amusement park ride... Not saying it would be seaworthy, safe, or fast, but it has real transom eye tie-downs, steering, shift/throttle control, and has obviously had a real outboard engine on it at some time. I resembles a 1960's shovel nose hydroplane.

If you can afford it, then I suggest you snap it up, then investigate further. The enthusiasts in the mini-boat groups will chime in and help you on the sites that cater to the GW Invader & Addictor mini-boats.

Tom

Comment

I think I have seen something like that at BRF but I can't remember anything that would help me search.

Comment

What forum would be good to post this boat on?

Comment

I'd suggest Fiberglassics (www.fiberglassics.com)... They have info on all the vintage stuff.. Including the miniboats like GW, Hydromite, Aqualark, Volksboat.... Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X