K-pro interest in region 6-7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-pro interest in region 6-7?

Anyone interested in running kpro this next season in region 6 & 7?

Mixed feelings on this. We ran K-pro at Kingston earlier this year...it was fun trying out a new class (to us) but we had to cut a Mercury AX transom to drop our OMC down to the required 1.75" depth. The K-pro unrestricted OMC beats the unrestricted Mercury especially on longer courses...just like it does/did in A stock classes. (all other factors being equal). The "no-minimum weight" for the class was an interesting twist as well...

I think your primary audience will be J/AX drivers who can get the extra race and seat-time by adding the class, but it would require adding K-pro to their APBA membership (available at a discount without adding the entire Pro category). As it was pointed out in the popular Sidewinder J thread, most region 6/7 kids are racing J classes with Mercury's as the J motor of choice, so unfortunately a good OMC puts an advantage to anyone with one available. Short courses, like Huntington, would minimize this advantage.

A lot of prop options are comparable with the AXH class but the lower depth creates opportunities to look at blade size and pitch if we really want to race and not just ride.

For families already wrenching 4+ JH, JR, AXH, AXR classes we might struggle to find interest in adding one more to a long day. If it were on the sanction we'd consider it - for example, if we didn't get enough runabouts and were just filling the day.

Comment

Just curious,, with using an OMC engine, what is the difference between 200 MOD and K-Pro?

Comment

• bmitch1
        bmitch1 commented
        Editing a comment
        K-Pro is still a stock racing block (like A-Stock class)

200Mod permits selected modifications to the motor - not permitted in K-Pro (or A-stock)

Kpro will be on the schedule at every usts race next season you can race both days. Look for the schedule to come out shortly but there will be 3-5 races in region 6-7

Comment

Is there a tuck rule for kpro? I did not see one... only the 1 3/4 depth.

Comment

I don't think you will plane with tuck in K-pro. Better stick to 750ccMR!

Comment

I heard there was no weight limit, so I was going to give it a try. Those 750's go to fast anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X