Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News from the final HydroGP race of 2016 RIP Massimo Joe Rossi

Traben - Trarbach Germany Sunday October 2 2016

Last edited by HRTV; 10-02-2016, 10:38 AM.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Love the sport, but just thinking, maybe we should spend an equal amount of the time and effort going fast, as to staying alive.
    As with all the previous deaths before him, someone will say "" it was a racing accident" or "he died doing what he loved". BS, if he had a choice, he would choose to be still with us.
    All these many drivers have died, very little is learned how the accidents happen, and less how to prevent them.

In this case apparently he hit a freaking TREE on shore!

RIP Rossi.

Comment

• dwhitford
      dwhitford commented
      Editing a comment
      Was he any relation to the engine-building ''Joe'' Rossi? A son?

Lest we forget, ''Boat racing is dangerous,'' as Billy Allen observed in a conversation with me at Crystal Lake 2 weekends ago. If the crash doesn't kill you, you can still drown, as I nearly did at Sebring in 1985 when my feet got stuck in the lake-bottom mud while my head was underwater.
      Last edited by dwhitford; 10-03-2016, 02:12 PM.

• John Schubert
      John Schubert commented
      Editing a comment
      Geez Dave, his power plant was a VRP. All kidding aside, the answer is no

• KURPS
      KURPS commented
      Editing a comment
      ''Boat racing is dangerous,'' Thanks, do you think I don't know that?
      For the last twenty-seven years I've been walking around with a busted knee and a paralyzed right arm. To bad you didn't give me that great information 28 years ago!
      Typical answers from people sticking their head in the sand every time someone gets hurts or killed in boat racing.
      What's the answer? I don't know for sure, but with the mind trust on this site, you guys should be talking about it and trying to get safer.

Want more?
    Every time you get into your boat, your fellow drivers are counting on you not to harm them.

Are you sober, and not on drugs?

Do you have a clear view of the race course? Are you in someone's rooster-tail? If you can't see, what's going to stop you from crashing?

You just passed another driver, why do you have to cut them off?

Your the Hot Dog / Bad Ass of the class, guess what, that don't give you special access to your place on the race course.

None of the above may apply to the recent events, but I seen and been involved with drivers in the past causing these problems.

Comment

• David Weaver
      David Weaver commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed Bill (did I really just say that, wow!). I believe that the first priority in every heat of racing is that I and my fellow drivers return to shore safe and sound. I have no idea what precipitated Joe's accident. He was a talented driver, perhaps as good as any racing in the "O" classes. Hopefully, we can get some constructive feedback later. In the meantime, heart felt sympathy is extended to his family and the UIM/European teams that have lost such a popular young man.

From what that can be learned from a few photos and news accounts, the race course was on a narrow river, close to shore, and at least one shore had trees on the water edge and overhanging the river.
    I remember racing on a similar course in Wisconsin years and years ago. While it was exciting to see spectators right on the river edge and speeding near the trees, it sure in hell wasn't a safe thing to do.

Comment

This is not really the place to be discussing this, start another thread for comments. The VRP team lost a great champion and we lost a good freind. Condolences should be sent not arm chair quarter backing. It has been a very sad day for me as Carlo called me to tell me the bad news. Joe was like a son to Carlo and he is very upset at this time. My condolences to the Rossi family and also to my friend Carlo. Steve

Comment

"with the mind trust on this site, you guys should be talking about it and trying to get safer."
        Still so sorry for Rossi and his family.
        There never seems the right time to talk about safety improvements, because their is never enough time from one accident to the next.

Comment

Until we know the facts of any incident, we really shouldn't speculate on the cause and certainly a solution. That being said, When the facts do come out I'm sure there will a lot of serious discussion. There always is. Many times there is little we can reasonably do to prevent some accidents.Although, I agree with Steve, this may not be the correct forum for that discussion. My condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

http://machhapuchhrefm.com/2016/10/0...ng-in-germany/

---6--- (sand)

Comment

Working...
            X