Bob Vanover Memoral Regatta in Alexandria KY September 24-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Vanover Memoral Regatta in Alexandria KY September 24-25

September 24-25 marks the season closer for the Indiana Outboard Assoctiation with the Bob Vanover Memorial Regatta at A.J. Jolly Park in Alexandria Kentucky. About 20 minutes south of Cincinatti, this 3/4 mile oval course has long straightaways for high speed drag races.

The modified outboard central divisionals will take place on Saturday and the North American Championships for 350 modified runabout will be on Sunday. On top of divisionals, the following classes will be ran.

-All modified classes
    -C service and C race classes
    -J classes
    -C Stock Runabout, 20ss Hydro, C Stock Hydroplane, B Stock Runabout, 300 Super Stock Hydroplane, A Stock RUnabout Marathon, C Stock Runabout Marathon

Registration is from 8-9 on Saturday in the pits and from 8-8:30 on Sunday. Driver's meeting will be at 9:30 each morning. Classes are $30 per class per day except for J classes which are $20 per class per day.

We encourage all who can to attend. We always have a steak dinner in the pits Saturday night after racing is finished which is then accompanied with a bonfire afterwards. It's a great way to remonise about a great season of racing and brainstorm ideas for next season. Camping is permitted in pits and there are plenty of hotels within 10 miled of the park. Visit our webpage below for the sanction and event location. We hope to see you all there!!
    http://www.indianaoutboard.org/alexandria-ky-2016

I'm in
    1 - CSH
    1 - 500MH
    1- 20SSH because its the last race of the season.
    Brian 10s

Comment

Deck racing in 2 300ssh,csh,250mh

Comment

500MH and CSH
        Joe Silvestri
        CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
        JH/JR

Comment

500MR

I will have 12mm couplers, cone greasers and butterflies with me as well.

Steve Roskowski

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
            Matt Dagostino commented
            Editing a comment
            The cone tool you sent me works great for greasing the 750mr Merc foot!!! The protective 'cork' is a nice touch!!

• dwhitford
            dwhitford commented
            Editing a comment
            I second Matt's endorsement, Steve. My cone greaser from you worked fine on my Mark 20 Quickie-equipped play racer.

• squirrelboydeluxe
            squirrelboydeluxe commented
            Editing a comment
            Love my C & D cone greasers too
            THANK YOU for making these

Csr and 350mr.

What Jsh are coming?

Also will have some 750 parts and stuff for sale
          MJR Composites racing...cleveland division

Comment

CAFARELLI racing is 80%. In.
            750r
            Cute 2 year old who needs babysitter during a couple of heats
            JH
            JR
            200h. Maybe need a driver. (KATIE knows the rules. If she does not go it is still possible her boat wins the race.)
            FB Katie and make here come to Alex.

Comment

CSH and 400MH

Comment

Brian, Rick could run your 200 in the formula hydro. We are bring our 850 runabout. Hey, is there a rule you have to run a boat without air traps in a hydro class? Could use any shaped boat in a hydro class? We are bring all our mod boats. That's 8 motors and 7 boats. We are trying to fill the lake.

Comment

We need 400 hydro drivers to show. We have three motors, one for Dan Parker, who else has a taller transom, that you would use on a 20 boats? We can put a tank in your boat. We need 850 runabout guys to show too.

Comment

We're coming 350mr 500mr 350mh 500mh gonna bring the sleeping bag .Going to try and win the North American championship to add to my nationals win in 350r .Running my back up motor my good motor is still in a box in pieces from Hinton.lol

Comment

Are any JH or JR going to make the race? We will be staying home if the kid does not get to race. Too much time and money for a chubby 750 driver.

Comment

Twin Power racing is planning on bringing 2 ea., JH & JR.

Good field shaping up. Mitchells said they are coming.

Comment

Racing doesn't get any better than it was at Alexandria KY this year! Thanks IOA!!!

Tom Burwinkle
                          11-K
                          sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

Had a great time watching the show this past weekend. Brings back some great memories from when I was a kid. My dad (Jerry Rursch), uncle (Boyd Rursch), and Grandpa (Marion "Red" Rursch) used to race into the 1990's. Thanks to all the racers who were there. Great racing in every class.

Comment

• 94H
                              94H commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Showing my age - I remember Red Rursch. Didn't he run BMH?

- Bob Koschka

• Matt Dagostino
                              Matt Dagostino commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Bob...........i remember 'Red" from the 1990's!..............Also showing my age!

• MITCH MEYER
                              MITCH MEYER commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Raced against Jerry in mid '70s at Crystal Lake in Region2. Robby Cotton and I spoiled his day in 25 and B. He was chasing points and we were just having fun, (the good old days). He was fast with that narrow bottom boat.
                          Working...
                          X