Looking to get started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to get started

I have somewhat followed and have a very strong interest in Hydroplane racing. From the technical aspect I know very little. Friday I participated in the driver's school at Kittaning The bug has bitten me pretty bad and I'm ready to take it to the next step. I'm interested in the 300 class. Wondering what kinda equipment might be available in the NW Pennsylvania region. I'm just getting started so I don't wanna spend a fortune until I'm sure this is for me. But I also don't want someone else's headaches that will spoil this experience for me. Thanks

Feel free to send me an email and we'll get you on the next steps for locating equipment.
    I've been a TRORA member for 40 years and raced at Kittanning last weekend.
    dholt@sbgtv.com

Dana Holt

Comment

• Flatiron
      Flatiron commented
      Editing a comment
      Dana, will you be at the upcoming race at Lock Haven ?

Mike,
    I sent you an email this morning. Feel free to contact Dana (above) or myself. We would both be happy to help you out with and answer any questions you might have. We are both longtime TRORA members.

Thanks
    Brian
    Brian 10s

Comment

Mike, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk further on Sunday as I was packing up. The concept behind the 300 class is that at least with the motor, it will be difficult to get a junk motor, mainly because of the sealing process. Dana and Brian are your 2 excellent resources. I look forward to seeing you on the water, and remember, buoys are not 90 degree turns brother! You looked the best when we ran the last lap! cheers!
      When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Flat Iron...no I won't be at Lock Haven. Pretty sure Brian Williams will be there. Please look him up. Boat # 10-S. Send me your email. I have a line on an engine for you already. Great price, less than a year old from a good source.

Comment

Also, for the first year, you might want to look at this....it's a good deal and I started in the 20 class. I know you can be an aggressive driver!
          https://hydroracer.net/forums/forum/m...-20ssh-csh-rig
          When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Working...
          X