Legal motors for ASH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal motors for ASH

I haven't been paying attention ... so, need to ask ... what are the currently legal motors for ASH?
    Untethered from reality!

Originally posted by Dr. Thunder View Post
    I haven't been paying attention ... so, need to ask ... what are the currently legal motors for ASH?
    Sidewinder A and OMC A. The Sidewinder dominates. It has killed the Class here in Region 10. Apparently, not many want to step up and buy a Sidewinder. They are about $4600 or so.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• dwhitford
      dwhitford commented
      Editing a comment
      What would happen if KG-4s and Mark 15s could run 16:21 gears? Would they be strong enough to compete these days, or what?

I think that in the early 1980s the SORC was quite willing to dump out the "super-stock" KG-4s that had been so refined by parts selection, balancing, and other such rules predating 1953, which made them so hard to inspect in an equitable way.

The current "A" Sidewinder, I've been told, has a bigger carb than the old Merc engines were ever permitted to use, so that throws another variable into the comparison.

I mention this to provoke comment, pro and con, and because I'm curious.

Also the Mercury 15 is legal.
    Last edited by mercsami; 02-08-2016, 01:29 PM.

Comment

How many drivers in region 10 own a sidewinder

Comment

• Rex Hall
        Rex Hall commented
        Editing a comment
        It only takes one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 65R
        65R commented
        Editing a comment
        There are 2 Sidewinder A's in region 10 possible 3 this coming season.

My brother owns a sidewinder he will miss his second race in a row.most of racers race a local class called omc instead of ash.

Comment

So then if you needed a competitive boat to run with your new sidewinder ... Who do call ... Dewey, pavlick,???

Untethered from reality!

Comment

Jerry Davids or Gorege Stillwell they are building some very fast ASH boats..

Comment

I'll try to make a race out there when the third sidewinder comes along I like stillwell boats but he lives on the east coast gonna hard to get time off to pick up one I race dawecrafts

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Thunder View Post
              So then if you needed a competitive boat to run with your new sidewinder ... Who do call ... Dewey, pavlick,???

What are you up to??????? Give me a call.
              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
              X