CLAREMORE NATIONALS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLAREMORE NATIONALS

After 35 years boat racing returns to Lake Claremore, Ok. The City of Claremore has agreed to sponsor the NBRA National August 11-12-13-14, 2016. A beautiful small lake surrounded by acres of a well groomed park. This event has all the ingredients of a wonderful vacation for all the members of the family. Ample parking for motor homes(if you want electricity, please make reservation with me Doc Miller 1918 7911733). Great new motels and great grass for tenter. The course will be a mile in length so you can hang it out. The host club will be the Oklahoma Boat racing Association. NBRA rules are much the same as APBA, except in the Super E class. The town of Claremore boast two tourists attraction that you may want to come earlier, or stay over a couple of days while you are in Oklahoma. Oklahoma's favorite son's memorial and museum is housed in Claremore. During the thirty's, Will Rogers the Oklahoma cowboy was the most favorite personality. The museum chronicles his life, starting as a trick roper to comedian to newspaper reporter, then dieing in a airplane accident in Alaska. The museums will take 2-3 hours to explore. Also located in Claremore is one of the largest gun museums with fifty thousands artifacts and guns. For the gun enthusiast the Davis Gun Muesum will be a must stop, taking the rest of your day. The race is well supported by the resources of the city providing $8,000 in tow money. There will be a party on Saturday night and cowboy dress would be appropriate. The guess hotel will be announced in the coming months with the rates. The pits will be on a first come basis, and managed to get everyone as close to the water as possible. No reservations or holding spots. No trailers on the parking lot till Thursday morning at 8am as this is a busy fishing lake. Come and be apart of some great racing.
    Last edited by Hydro doc; 01-31-2016, 09:10 AM.

Make plans to attend this great race and lake, we expect a large crowd as Tulsa is a short drive from Claremore, ok.

Comment

Raced there in 72. The race was the third race in a three race Trans Am Series that decided the AOF National Championships. This was the first year for AOF as a sanctioning body. As i recall it was a great place to race at. Located just off the Turnpike. $8000.00 Tow money what more can you ask for.
      Art K

Comment

Sponsors like the City of Claremore are excited to put on a large event that Spurs business and economic growth. Great place to see a very large gun collection and race on a big scale where competition is as good as it gets. $8,000 in tow money.

Comment

We are very close to our goal of $6,200., to pay for a new 36" Alzetec clock that we'll be used at some of our races and the Claremore Nationals. Many clubs have this clock as it is the standard now in outboard racing, because of it's large bright numbers. It is the lowest cost of clocks of its size. This clock that will be used in 2016, maybe called the Gold Bond Clock will be owned by members of NBRA that have donated to its purchase. Since a race clock faces out to be seen by the racers, we will also will have a second 24" clock that faces to the Spectators so they can see the count down. This will help our fans to understand our starts. If you want to donate to this clock, send a donation (tax deductible) to OBRA : Rick miller, 2209 so. Main, Grove, Ok. 74344 thanks for your help.

Comment

Host motel will be Holiday Inn Express phone1918-965-1923, address is 1400 Country Club Drive, Claremore, Ok 74017. Please say you are a NBRA member to get the discount rate of $79.00 plus tax which will be held till August 3rd. The $8,000 in tow money is derived from motel sells tax. The motel has large parking lot so there is room for your race trailer.

Comment

With $8000.00 in tow money,,, who wouldn't attend... Gas here in central Kansas is hovering around the $1.55 range and we have a really high gas tax..
              I would make the assumption that most surrounding states are in the same price range. Personally,, I hope that some A & B Runabouts make the trip.
              I will be building and giving away a steering bar mount tank to the Champion in one of those 2 classes,,, depending on which class has the most entries.
              If it turns out that these 2 classes do not run,,, it will be still given away off of the overall sign up sheet for all drivers.. WIN--WIN situation.
              So,, get your Hot Rods out of the basement and come race against the Yamatos..

Comment

• PROPDOC
                PROPDOC commented
                Editing a comment
                Dave, thanks for supporting our sport!

I understand OBRA needs a flagman for Grove and Claremore, you available?

Comment

• runabout333
                runabout333 commented
                Editing a comment
                Will call you soon. I'm in Florida. Tired of the cold weather!!!

• runabout333
                runabout333 commented
                Editing a comment
                Will call you soon. I'm in Florida. Tired of the cold weather!!!

If you plan to attend any of the NBRA races, be sure you fill out the drivers profile on the NBRA web site.

Comment

• RLR
                RLR commented
                Editing a comment
                Make sure if you are coming to Claremore, for sure to fill out, it helps me to fill the audience on who you are, so type of work you do, championships won, favorite class, etc. All of this helps us to build the audience closer to what we are doing and hopefully get a few interested in coming aboard with us.

Great news, the two new Starting Clocks have been ordered. Thanks everyone who contributed and especially to Dr Glenn Nelson who matched our funds. This clock has great visibility and accuracy.

Comment

Great work !!

CMH. 61R
                Short Fuze Racing
                Team Darneille
                ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

If you are coming from Hinton to the West Coast, you will be welcome to race with us at Claremore. We can fit you in to most of our classes. Yes it is true there is water in Oklahoma.

Comment

• mercguy
                    mercguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    so, are you planning on starting racing on Friday? Was thinking about going, but since the APBA Nats are the week before, getting back home and then flying back to Oklahoma to race on Friday is really not an option for those of us that "work" during the week, trying to get that many days off to go racing.........

Thursday the 11th of August will be the first day of testing. We will try to get started around 10am, after patrol boats and rescue boats and ambulance are in place and set. Testing will finish at 5pm.

Comment

col. Jack Stotts has volunteered to be our referee and his name has been submitted to be the referee at the Claremore Nationals. Beautiful lake and park to hold a boat race.

Comment

Lake Claremore holds enjoyable memories for me, as I took my first hydro ride on Lake Claremore in 1954. Orange Swift hydro and KG4 ran the nearly the same speed as current 15 Mercury. Speed 52mph, water pressure speedometer(no gph satellite) with Pop Smith prop.
                      Last edited by Hydro doc; 02-04-2016, 01:59 PM. Reason: Added to story

Comment

Working...
                      X