NBRA News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBRA News

From the annual NBRA meeting. Claremore Ok was awarded Long Course Nats. $8000.00 Tow money. Buhlow Lake Pimeville La. Short Course Nats. $10000.00 Tow money. The money I am quoting is guaranteed, none will be used to put on the race.All the races on the NBRA schedule will have guaranteed tow money in 2016. Some of the others from memory are Clarksville Ar. $7000.00 Jacksonville IL. $6000.00. This race generally ends up with more. Centralia IL.$4000.00, could be more. All of the races on the schedule have excellent pits & race water. A big shout out to all the people that had a hand in putting this all together. Look for details later on the NBRA website or Facebook page. Will post dates on this site when I get them.
    Art K

HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Nice work guys!

Comment

Hi Art, when we talked at DePue there was a race mentioned for Winona, MN in mid-August. Is this still a possibility? I know it's a bit early to get my schedule together for next summer, but just wondering anyway. mike 67G

Comment

I understand that Winona it is still being worked on.
          Art K

Comment

Pineville, La................what a great place to race!! Super job getting serious tow money for the drivers!! Val and i loved that place and eating gator at Tunks!!

Comment

• joejohn44
              joejohn44 commented
              Editing a comment
              Come race with us, Matt!!!

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
            Pineville, La................what a great place to race!! Super job getting serious tow money for the drivers!! Val and i loved that place and eating gator at Tunks!!
            The Louisiana Boat Racing Association (LBRA) will be hosting two events in 2016. Returning to Pineville, LA was one of the goals we set this year when we formed the new club. Were hopping that we will get a large turnout at our races and will welcome folks from other clubs to join in the fun and great eating that Louisiana has to offer. If anyone is interested in joining the LBRA please contact me at apvw1@aol.com. We would love to get new members and grow our sport. In the near future we will have a web site up and running hosted under the Aeroliner-Boats.com web address. The Alexandria GAEDA board is providing support and funding to bring outboard racing back to Alexandria and Louisiana. Were looking to have a great coming year with NBRA.

Alan van Weele President of LBRA
            Last edited by OldRacerBU; 11-13-2015, 08:03 AM.

Comment

If you are a corporation that want to advertise your products, consider National Boat Racing Association. 50 to 60 race trailers traveling 5,000 to 10,000 miles with your name on these traveling billboards. Banners and public announcements at our events will spread your message. Contact Len Miller 19187911733 or any NBRA member.

Comment

Sounds like NBRA is really moving forward Wish there were some raced in the Ohio, Penn and W. Virginia area. Good luck to you and great job promoting boat racing.

Comment

What class or classes does NBRA have for the APBA equivalent of CSR, or for the Merc 15 & Sidewinder 15 (A) to run in if any? Thanks!
                  444-B now 4-F
                  Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

We have a class for CSR it is called BRunabout. It includes a 102,202,302,and 321 Yamato engines, also includes Merc/Mariner 25xs. Weight is 420lbs.
                    Keith Kampen

Comment

• Howie Nichols
                      Howie Nichols commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! Nothing for the 15ci motors though?

The sidewinder 15 runs in our A class. It is combined with Y80 engines.
                    Keith Kampen

Comment

The 15 Mercury runs in the novice class. Our novice class has restrictors that keep the speed in the low 50s. We allow any style boat in the class but not separate classes for runabout or hydro. If you have a youth or novice and the father has a C stock hydro, the youth runs a 20 restrictor and a prop provided by NBRA, like the J props. Most youths grow out of the Mercury class, but in the novice class, you can drive from age 10 to the time your wife makes you quite, by removing the restrictor and buying a C Stock wheel.

Comment

Thanks for the info
                        444-B now 4-F
                        Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

I do believe that boat racing has value. It has entertainment value. If we want to sell that to sponsors that requires believing it yourself. We often work at making it exciting and timely. It is required of each of us to make our sport more excepted and easy to enter. As much as I have work to make racing exciting, the bottom line is the sponsor wants to know how many people will participate and how many motels will we purchased. Call a friend and get them to attend a race.

Comment

Working...
                          X