No announcement yet.

Kingston, TN 2016 Smoke on the Water Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Matt but remember this is suppose to be the APBA PRO Nationals. Take a ride in a 350 CCH and you will notice a difference between a 175. The 250 and 350 can run together and a good 250 can beat a 350. My point is to get numbers on the course at one time and have no more than a 4 hour show. Just saying.

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
      Matt Dagostino commented
      Editing a comment
      Bob............as you said this is the APBA PRO Nationals. Not the USTS. Perhaps the sponsors and vendors wish to see lots of boats on the water all day to sell those hot dogs and cold beers!! )

Yes, lots of full fields of boats, not 3-4 boat races all day. It is not up to us on this. It is the decision of the race committee, the town of Kingston and the sponsor.

Comment

• Tom Cronk
      Tom Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      Matt
      Why don't you add ALL the J CLasses And All the SIDEWINDERS CLASSES,and
      send the PRO boats over to USTS Springfteld race.

• wrath of cron
      wrath of cron commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I wouldn't mind seeing more J classes. region 1 and the michigan guys are averaging between 9 and 12 boats in the junior classes, at Tabor there were 9 AXh and 9 AXr, the racing (probably because of the tight rules) is the tightest and I think the best racing of the day. Just my 2 cents

BLUF.....The race is the APBA PRO Nationals. The category is split ( big white elephant in the room) and PRO loyalties are split. CVRA is the sponsoring club. We hope to combine the PRO-MOD nationals in 2017. The race committee wants a good show for the sponsor and will decide what classes will bring the best show. When I start reading the nonsense on here I am quickly reminded why I never go on here. I truly wish we could harness all the energy some people spend going after each other over the internet into positive racing outcomes. Ellison out!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
    Tomtall 06

Comment

How about 2 classes of off shore or unlimited

Comment

I think I need some alcohol

Comment

• Jeff5P
          Jeff5P commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve, is that methanol to burn or ethanol to consume?

We made the long trip to East Tennessee this year. We had high winds, but the race committee adjusted and they were able to pull it off. The sponsors(city) sell spaces for venders that paid the tow money. The pit space is limited with more venders and more trailers as we add classes. Getting boats over and back to inspection is a problem with two pit areas. More space is needed on the south side. This is a Pro Nationals and we don't want to increase other classes. The only class that makes sense is C Stock hydro.(disclaimer-we run that class), because of OSY400.

Comment

Do you suppose the Race Committee would put OSY-400 or 700 Runabout on at the Stock Nationals???

J-Dub

Comment

• Lee Sutter
            Lee Sutter commented
            Editing a comment
            When pigs fly....

The "mixing" of vendors and race trailers in the big lot will be addressed differently this year and going forward, which should provide some relief for the pits. It was not that bad this year and will be better next.
          David Weaver

Comment

This is crazy! Feature the PRO boats. However, only run classes with 8 or more boats. If that doesn't happen, then run MOD boats (8 or more entries) for North America Championships. Is the goal to put on a show for the spectators or racers? On the other hand, if they ran OSY-400 and CSH North American Championship it would bring more boats. I don't think the stock commission will give it to Kingston as a stand alone class.

Comment

All, please let us stay on point here. This thread is intended to promote an upcoming race, solicit reasoned feedback and to provide details about the event as they develop. It will likely be the 2016 PRO Nationals for APBA members and will include several modified outboard classes (hopefully all NAC's). We will have some junior classes. We may be able to consider some other additions. We will do the best that we can with what we can control. I hope that we exceed last year's most generous tow-money payout. We will continue to improve our coordination and conduct of the event. For three years, we have enjoyed the hospitality and enthusiasm of the City! Thanks.
              David Weaver

Comment

Time to start planning our racing schedule for this event. June 30th will be testing. Racing will occur July 1-3. Efforts are underway to build a stand for the starting clock much closer to the water's edge. We will have improved pit areas this year. As a reminder, all non-capsule APBA classes are on the schedule including the antique division. The following MODIFIED classes will be raced: 500 R, 750 R, 850 R, 350 H, 500H and 750 H. Finally, we will race J Hydro and Runabout classes. The City of Kingston is again going out its way to host this event. There will be tow money for each trailer. So, let's start a roll call. Who is coming?
                David Weaver

Comment

David.............Val, Big Steve and the Captain.
                  750mr
                  850mr
                  CSH..(oops) i mean OSY-400

Comment

• David Weaver
                    David Weaver commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Awesome, look forward to seeing you all and Roc. Also, let's see if we get you or Val in a 125 hydro and certainly an entry in 1100ccR!!

The Hauenstein Team, well Mike and Fred anyway, will attend.
                  500MH
                  ​750MH
                  Fred Hauenstein

Comment

In case no one knows this was a Drag race till 3 years ago and could very well go back to it, I ran OPC here in the past, so don't think Kingston just popped up from nowhere. They have been racing there from the 50's. . The MOD Nationals were held there from 75 to 79. they like noise .

Comment

1-500MR
                      82F
                      Mark O'Brien

Comment

Working...
                      X