Kingston, TN 2016 Smoke on the Water Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston, TN 2016 Smoke on the Water Event

Planning is underway for the 2016 race at Kingston, TN. The dates for the race are June 30 - July 3, 2016. June 30th will be a day devoted to set-up and testing. Racing will take place July 1 through the 3rd. The race committee expects to bid for the 2016 APBA PRO Nationals and certain NAC's for Mod category. We will also plan on at least one of the Junior Classes. Much more detail to come on this event, but please add it to your calendars now!
    David Weaver

I think if you put on AXhydro and AXrunabout, as well as Kpro and maybe 200mod you may get some of the region 1 kids as well as others. Johnnie and I had a great time there last year.

Comment

Great race! Johnson/VanOver will definitely be there. This is one of the most supportive communities I have seen in a long time. Looking forward to it!

Comment

David,
        Somethings need to be conveyed to the locals. Having the clock and flags on top of the hill is not good for us racers. It takes our eyes off the water and competition around us to look up. We need a plat form down by the waters edge so we can easily see them. Even giving Kristie or who ever would be on the dock by the pits with a red flag would help too. Just some small teaks to make things better.
        If my health holds out, I will be there in 500R, 700R, 1100R and Chuck Z maybe using my CMR boat again.

Comment

• David Weaver
          David Weaver commented
          Editing a comment
          R.C., we are working with the town to address this and improve clock / flag visibility. Take your vitamins!!

This stuff sounds good to me Dennis. Just a spectator located in Sparta, TN

Comment

We expect to meet with the City late this year or early 2016. Please send me a PM with any well thought out suggestions. I expect that we will have control over the primary pit area (all the paved portions) which will give us more room for trailers and to maneuver. Planning in Kingston is already underway.
          David Weaver

Comment

David, We plan on bringing more next season... We should have (2) 125cchs ( 1 ) 175cch ( 3 ) 250's( 2-3 ) 350's and 850mod R and (1 ) 250ccr ( 1 ) OSY400. ( If I convince Michael W there is a mountain he can climb on days he isn't racing )
            Like RC said, other than the clock being hard to find... That place is GREAT!
            Last edited by DiGia54D; 11-04-2015, 07:54 AM.
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

• David Weaver
              David Weaver commented
              Editing a comment
              There are plenty of mountains to climb!!!

Perhaps the race committee should consider adding CSH to the schedule to compliment the OSY-400 class and give drivers the opportunity to race two classes. Especially those who are traveling long distances........

Comment

• Steve Dunn Racing
              Steve Dunn Racing commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe add a marithon for csr

• Black Sheep
              Black Sheep commented
              Editing a comment
              Good call Steve! Your boat or mine?

• Matt Dagostino
              Matt Dagostino commented
              Editing a comment
              Steve Dunn and company..........Really. This event is a CVRA race and HAS to have support classes to even happen!! As club members you and i both know that we all exist together like it or not (Stock, MOD PRO and J Classes). While the APBA PRO Commission along with Kristy should have the final decision in what classes and schedule will be run, CVRA members such as myself, you, Herb, Mel, Abby, etc etc are also a part of the process. I would think OSY-400 and CSH would be value added for the guys to have two classes to easily run. Just my two cents here on our Hydroracer site for idea exchanges!! Also if memory serves me right, David Weaver reported that there were like 110 total entries (MOD and PRO and JH) at Kingston last year up from 86 the year before. I hardly think that is a huge number for a National event that would prohibit adding a class or two IF Kristy and the PRO Commission agree....)
              Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 11-12-2015, 07:38 AM.

He lets invite the drag boats and F1
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
              Matt Dagostino commented
              Editing a comment
              Wayne..............this event is put on by our club CVRA. CVRA is a combo of Stock, MOD , PRO and J Class. Hence the classes run at Kingston are picked based on what Kristy and the members of CVRA in general thought would be in the best interest of the event. As you know if this was a PRO only event it would not work as the PRO's only field like 40 entries. That number is of course in large part due to the lack of cooperation from the USTS (lets hate on everybody here). Hence support classes are necessary to fill up the schedule. So please don't be 'flip' along with the other guys in class selection. I imagine the OSY 400 guys would enjoy the opportunity to race twice and from what i see they fill up the water with boats as would CSH. Perhaps when the day comes when the PRO's can once again field 100 plus entries for a APBA stand alone National event (PRO's only) you all can go back to hating on the Stock Outboard guys... but for now can't we all just get along......
              Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 11-12-2015, 12:06 PM.

• DiGia54D
              DiGia54D commented
              Editing a comment
              Matt, You know **** well I am NOT a stock mod guy hater.. I hang out and talk to every one at races at every trailer. Just don't think is Stock/mod/ pro combo race. I see your point about OSY and CSH..But don't throw in 20ssh, Now that's the same as what you think 175/250/350 is... But osy/csh/20ssh is the same class with the same drivers/boats. We don't need to see that 3 times. I can see that at every race in the country
              Last edited by DiGia54D; 11-13-2015, 04:27 AM.

Don't have too many classes, will bore spectators with a long show.

Comment

Matt the pros invited a few select mod classes to help fill their schedule . It is their nationals so they should decide what classes they want. I think the mods fit well into their program. Don't forget I started as a stocker when I came to APBA and ran stocks long after I moved to the "dark side". Let's leave it to the pro guys and gals to run their nationals. And by the way I love all boat racers! Formally a stock guy,Steve

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                Matt Dagostino commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree..........Kristy and the PRO's need to do what is best to help the event work. And i still think you secretly swing both ways as both a Stock and MOD guy!! )

Yes I do build a lot of stock motors but you know where my heart is☠

Comment

Glad to see interest in this event. I believe that Matt's suggestion to add some SO classes is a reasonable one to make. Let us see what the next couple of months bring. Giving the City an entertaining "show" is one of the race committee's top priorities. We need gauge interest from those classes that are part of the PRO Nationals and MOD NAC's. We will again include the Junior Hydro class. For the West Coast drivers, we are exploring the availability of trailer storage in hope of improving the attendance for Kingston and Hinton (only a few hours apart). Please also remember that our access to the water is somewhat limited each day (sun up to sun down racing not an option). Again, racing will end on July 3rd, so the 4th will be available for travel.
                David Weaver

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                  Matt Dagostino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Again............the PRO's are the show here. But having a 'full' schedule is important to keep boats on the water all day for the sake of the venders and spectators! I just thought CSH would be a nice compliment to the OSY-400 guys as AXSH would be to the J Hydro kids as a possibility?? Just a thought. I imagine what the race committee wants to avoid are a bunch of classes with 3 or 4 boats for a race like this that actually has paying sponsors and real spectators!

don't forget about the kids runabouts.....we had 9 AXRs in tabor. Region 1 has a very strong field, Johnnie has 2 and if you are thinking about storing for the nationals all those kids have runabouts also.

Comment

Shoot fr the classes that can field 12 boats in a class. Remember it is a sponsored race. No need to have two classes with the same boats in it. OSY and CSH are basically the same class.

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                    Matt Dagostino commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bob...........CSH and OSY-400 will have 12 boats in each class. I have been racing for 40 years and as a 'spectator' i still can not tell the difference between a 250cch and a 350cch from a distance. One could argue that 175cch 250cch and 350cch from a spectator standpoint are 'basically' the same classes with the same drivers. Just saying.
                Working...
                X