Vintage Alky Boat Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Smitty,

God forbid you enlighten the drain swirlers and deny them their appointment with destiny in their self described "participant sport." I think you are right, all these young people with far more time than money could very well make an idea like yours take off. But in my observations, the last thing these "closed competition" racers want is more people to race against.

Thanks for trying.

Regards,

Paul
    Last edited by Original Looper 1; 03-06-2015, 08:23 PM.

Comment

null
      Last edited by Fhydro; 03-02-2019, 02:24 AM.

Comment

I was the driver of this boat in 1987 . Be hydro with a Quincy z with water injection. Won the nationals my rookie season, awesome engine! Many thanks to the Hellsten family!

Comment

Why not just join the Vintage class...? They have plenty of vintage outboards in classes like OPC, Hydro etc. The rules are pretty simple....any boat before 1986 and NO racing. The boats in Vintage perform 'fly bye's' at speed. There is no insurance for competitive racing in any Vintage class, the boats are to be run as they were.....or as near as possible to the original. Kneel down boats are welcome as long as they can be lifted by a crane from the pits into the water. There will be a Vintage race in Red Bank NJ this year in August......watch APBA for dates and sanction info.

Comment

Working...
          X