NO new engines or changes in 250cc MOD classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO new engines or changes in 250cc MOD classes

I think it is very bad time for any motor changes to the 250cc MOD classes.
    There is going to be a large increase of incoming EX B-STOCK drivers changing there
    15ci stock Hot-Rods into MOD engines I have received more phone calls then ever lately
    about how to make a 250cc MOD H-R.
    The Hot-Rod drivers are sick of new engines and unfair changes!!!!
    At this time and most of us Hot-Rod drivers would quit racing if a new engine was allowed in the 250cc
    MOD classes after us being just pushed out of stock class by a new engine.
    The best thing to do is to leave 250cc MOD classes alone
    53w
    EX stock driver going to MOD
    Last edited by 53-W; 01-21-2015, 07:27 PM.

Darrel,,, I sent you a PM!!!

Comment

There is really no good argument with the predicament that Darrel outlines here. No one has to look too far to find other instances where allowing more motors into a class has backfired rather badly. I will admit that it takes some courage (and probably some deep pockets) to design and produce new engines for our kind of racing. The fallacy is that these new powerplants will lure new people into the sport. The great majority of these engines have been sold to current racers and the classes they have been jammed into have usually not grown and some (like DSH for example) have shown a fairly sharp decrease in participation. This is not just my imagination and if you check the data for class participation on the APBA website it should be fairly obvious.

Comment

Rick Miller has a good hot rod for sale less lower unit(new lower units are available) 1918-791-1041

Comment

all you guys that have your panties bunched up need to get your facts straight. There is, and was not any new motor proposed for A Mod. A stalwart in the class, Howard Pickerell, has a proof-of concept powerhead which he and now some others may play with and get on the water. Howard and the commission are adamant that there are no new motors aimed at A Mod. In the future if someone shows up at a race site with this new toy and wants to follow the hotrods around the bouys, I for one hope ya'll don't jump to conclusions all over again. Innovation and developments should be encouraged and embraced. I am solely responsible for setting off the recent firestorm. When I made my amateurish presentation to the commission, I figured it was common sense to let it run experimentally with A Mod until such time that it proved useful.( maybe I should have suggested following Js ) Right now no one knows what the little 125 powerhead will do. What we do know is that it and its parts are readily available VERY inexpensively and that it will not be an A Mod motor.

Comment

There was a rumour that the Merc 20H popper was removed from A Mod as a legal motor. Is this true?

Comment

Man how rumors get started.....
              No legal engine was removed from the class.

Steve Roskowski

Comment

As a quick follow up on the above, all the commission does is review proposals and if they see fit, send them to the racing membership to decide. It isn't like some hidden back room dealings to secretly screw the members. (although MOD usually is the last door down the hall.......)

Comment

Was there any talk of a NEW 125 mod class ? How about any 130 cc max engine( or smaller) - normally aspirated on gasoline ----- end of rules-- Make this a true " Anything that fits " Mod Class ..

Comment

I think this "panty bunch" started with me on my Face Book page....Apologies guys

One more reason I stay away from here.

Time to go change my panties..... LOL!

PS, Thanks Mike Petty .....

Quote from my Facebook page.... (If it will post.......If not I will post a link)
                    And Segway back to my cage.....Apologies once again folks........DOH !!

;

• Remove
                      Thomas Fernandez Hey u coming out to lakeland in the beginning of march ?
                      January 25 at 11:07pm · Like

• Remove
                      Steve French Thomas, Would like to if I can swing another month here.....Plan at this time is to migrate back to North Carolina the end of February ......But have been busy running Hot-Shot freight from here and might stay another month....Especially if weather does not turn by then......Just not into cold anymore.!....... What are the dates on the Lakeland race? .......Was just through there on the way back from Key West.
                      Yesterday at 1:10am · Edited · Like

• Remove
                      Mike Petty Same old Same old , like this everyday in South Florida , but I been livin here since 1979 You get use to it. ( just like the big green snappin lizards and such ) I even figured out how to deal with the Hurricanes. Anything coming this way stronger then a Cad II---- Hello Palm Beach Inter Natl Airport ---- Yes a ticket please ---- where ? North , no I don't care where Canada is FINE ! have you got one ready to leave with in the next 3 hours ? I will take it ! . Pack a bag , lock the house down and Not come back until the power comes back on ! The Lake Placid Apathorp race is Feb 28 & March1st.--- The Lakeland race is March 7th & 8th. but it seems with all the rules changes in the APBA nobody will go , but the Apathorp race will be a BLAST ! You show up, you race ! nobody gets sent home from a AOF race. APBA has just lost it ! Only legal motor for A stock or B stock or A or B Mod is SIDEWINDER ????? I can't run nothing in the APBA now. 20H banned from A mod , 20H banned from B stock & B mod---- no B-1 class, have to step up to CSH ---- Horsefeathers----- Now how much chance does a 22 cube old fishin motor deflector have against a 24 cube loop charged motor ???? You know the answer to that Steve !!!!!!! I think the APBA dog & pony show should be called what it is --- The Seleawatch & Runny show ! Just MY opinion. .
                      Yesterday at 3:30am · Like

• Remove
                      Steve French I just made a suggestion to Vallerie Valerie D'Agostino and Matt Dagostino to nominate me for MODIFIED Commissioner......As a joke ...... Guess I should of been more SERIOUS!!.....That kills all but C-MODIFIED with the Merc for ME !!.....Can not BELIEVE they took the 20H converted from A-MODIFIED!!....We were just getting the Canadians back at Franklin, Pa and Lock Haven races !!,,,That KILLS A-MODIFIED ! wink emoticon...I understand the 25MOD class going away as long as they left it in B-MODIFIED (Would help if they took back the 25 pounds of brick they tossed in it to keep the Yamata ahead).....CRAP ! ...Guess I'll see ya Mike at Carl;s Feb race for turn boat duty..... I'm DONE !.... Doc told the same anyway....One more tumble and neck could break again....for last time LOL! wink emoticon
                      23 hrs · Edited · Like

• Remove
                      Mike Petty Well here is a TWIST ! The SIDEWINDER IS BANNED in the AOF ! Seleawatch burned way to many bridges ! . But to just give up ????? That's NOT the answer ! ---- I will crash A mod with a Popper ANYWAY and smoke ALL the Sidewinders , they can black flag me until I run out of GAS ! I AM NOT COMIN IN ! Same for every class then say I can no longer run in. If the ban us, they SCREW THEMESLVES ! If we all do this, we can ( and WILL ) screw up there entire week end time after time. Fact is ----they CAN"T stop us ALL ! --- and we are PISSED !
                      10 hrs · Like

• Remove
                      Steve French Mike, Where did you get your APBA info ?????........ On the 20H in A MOD in APBA? .......I think. I just made a fool outa myself based on that..... ?
                      9 hrs · Edited · Like

• Remove
                      Mike Petty No , The deal is some of the guys in the New York area told me the 20H is still ON in A mod & B mod , in " THERE " club sense they have such a strong bunch of 20H guys up there , ( god love em ) BUT if you look at the current B stock driver in the APBA with U.S. 1 on his boat. That person has a SIDEWINDER ! George Stillwill jr. so what does that tell us? All of this is still VERY unclear to ME TO . I don't run ABPA and really I don't think ANYBODY can tell just what really is going on in the APBA, in small kneel down boats , so not to worry, as we hit more races we will find out what really is going on, But if they think they can just stuff all the Mod guys in a vintage class, that's not goin to fly. I have been told I will have to PICK A CLASS between B mod and 25 Mod as they all will get run tougher in the NBRA , so not sure what that's all about, but will find out at Centralia ILL for the NBRA long course Natls.
                      8 hrs · Like

• Remove
                      Mike Petty As for the Popper in A mod, that came from John & Albert Snell The Popper is legal for A mod as I have seen Billy Allen run a popper 20H in AMH at Ocoee--- and won a heat and that's a APBA race ( I think you were there ! ) So the 20H Popper WAS a legal motor in A bod , As for the CURRENT rules < I duno what's going on. ---- I run AOF & NBRA and they are Mods only as the NOA walked out of the APBA in 1955 and became the AOF/ NBRA.
                      8 hrs · Like

• Remove
                      Steve French Good night Mike.
                      8 hrs · Like

• Remove
                      Thomas Fernandez February 28 and march 1st carl staron will be hosting a deal in lake placid testing / racing open pipes allowed bring ur rig ,and lakeland qill be the following weekend march 7,8 opc/inboard/and stock axr,asr,csh,and csr

Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 01-27-2015, 02:39 AM.
                    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

• tcf284
                      tcf284 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      hey steve thanks for throwing my conversation in there lol , better make lake placid get off ur butt in crystal river lol be good buddy

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6093869&type=1
                    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

That was fun. What a great way to wake up on a stormy morning. Not much snow in Nova Scotia, 21F but high North winds. took the dogs out for a walk but wimped out quick. Couldn't hear for the wind and couldn't see for the whiteout and worried about what little traffic there was.
                      John

Comment

Been awhile since I've posted on here, but from reading the conversation above it seems Mr. Petty has no clue what's going on in APBA because all he's doing is making assumptions about certain classes. He even states he doesn't run APBA, so why spread his hearsay about an organization he's not apart of on other forums? He can rant all he wants about APBA and Sidewinder, but the fact is Sidewinder is the ONLY motor company making 2 stroke racing engines FOR outboard racing IN the U.S.A. I'd say we're pretty lucky to have them, in whatever class.
                        Kyle Bahl
                        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
                          Been awhile since I've posted on here, but from reading the conversation above it seems Mr. Petty has no clue what's going on in APBA because all he's doing is making assumptions about certain classes. He even states he doesn't run APBA, so why spread his hearsay about an organization he's not apart of on other forums? He can rant all he wants about APBA and Sidewinder, but the fact is Sidewinder is the ONLY motor company making 2 stroke racing engines FOR outboard racing IN the U.S.A. I'd say we're pretty lucky to have them, in whatever class.
                          If you knew or heard of him, you would understand the ranting & raving. He is"over the moon" in everything he says.

Comment

• bh/
                            bh/ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            JS; -the recent SSOA news letter reprints a AUG 1961 article of a race in Hanson, NH;
                            "-a number of invaders from out of state, with one, John Schubert of Clifton NJ a winner in C Hydro".
                            Was that your grand father ? Clark Malouf and Larry Castegneto were there also.

Originally posted by John Schubert View Post
                          If you knew or heard of him, you would understand the ranting & raving. He is"over the moon" in everything he says.
                          Ha Ha Brian, That was me. Please post the article or scan & e-mail to me please at jschubert19j@gmail.com

Comment

• bh/
                            bh/ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            JS; -too big to upload here, so will send it.
                            bh/
                        Working...
                        X