Merry Christmas to all my boat racing friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas to all my boat racing friends

I just want to say Merry Christmas to all my boat racing friends....what a great year we had up here in region ten, and I just want to say thank you to everybody that helped me this year, as well as those I raced against. My family is pretty spread out, and I usually spend Christmas eve with boat racing family. I am not really all that religious, but this year I am spending Christmas eve serving dinner to homeless people at Seattle's Union Gospel Mission....a group that has been around all most as long as APBA. The economy in Seattle is pretty good right now, but it is very expensive to live here, and you would be stunned at how many people have lost their homes and are now living on the street.....a few of them are ex boat racers. Anyway, hope everybody has a great Christmas. Dave

Same to you Dave

CMH. 61R
    Short Fuze Racing
    Team Darneille
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
    IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

thanx steve

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays back to you Dave, and to All out there in Boat Racing Land.

Best Regards,

Dean Hobart............................................ .........................
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Merry Christmas Dave ! Am I one of your boat racing friends ? or soon to be your d-stock nemesis........

Comment

Good for you Dave. My son and one of my employees prepare & serve food to homeless folks in Norman OK. That's a good thing you are doing. A lot of us (including me) should get off our asses and give a hand up. Thanks to you.

Comment

I think sometimes we don't realize, as boat racers, how truly lucky most of us have things. Even if you are a back marker and don't update equipment every year, you still spend a lot of hard earned money to go to the races etc.....things that some homeless people can only dream of doing...I think most of us tend to take things for granted....***** about the little things, then go home to a nice house with a warm bed....maybe not the best analogy, but you get the idea. I have always donated part of my salary to charity, but I feel it is time for me to start really trying to make a difference in the area. Hands on approach if you will. Who knows, maybe one of the people myself and others help will join our boat racing family when they get their feet on the ground? And Glenn, you are a good friend....call me when you get the chance. 425 246 4710

Comment

Merry Christmas Dave! Awesome what you are doing! Best of luck next year....

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Merry Christmas to all.

Comment

Merry Christmas Bob. Serving dinner at Union Gospel Mission was a very sobering experience..There was quite a few obviously homeless people, some people with mental problems, but the scary part was the number of people that had jobs and places to live but with the cost of living can't afford to feed themselves... a few of the 200 or so people that came thru I had a chance to chat with...(dinner was served for over 4 hours) and the few stories I heard about how they ended up needed help to feed themselves and their families was truly eye opening. One eldery gentleman mentioned to me that he worked on the unlimiteds in the 50's and 60's....did not have a whole lot of time to chat with him, but he was a WW2 vet and knew the ins and outs of the Merlin engines....wish I could have chatted with him more......I am going to go back down to mission after the 1st of the year and see if I can get his name and his story....I was wearing a Seattle Outboard sweatshirt and he commented on it. On that note, it is just reprehensible to me that a vet that served the United States and is in his late 80's or so could be living on the street. Anyway...Merry christmas everybody

Comment

Marry Christmas to all. I cant wait to see all my new friends on the water soon.

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

Working...
                          X