To warm to test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To warm to test

Wow, 64 degrees here in Grove America. Why didn't we get a boat out to test? My question, can we improve the water quality in a 200 acre lake after a weekend of racing? We put oxygen in the water in a big way, which encourages aerobic bacteria. Aerobic bacteria breaks down organic waste. The first treatment of sewage water is to aerate the waste water. One factor in our motors is that most of the exhaust is released above the water line, while fishing motors release their exhaust below the water line. When we put on a race more people get to use the lake for their entertainment. I'm sure many of you have had the job of convincing government that we do no harm. Let's come up with more ideas.

I like where this may go.

Comment

Check in with Robbie Galetta. His company performed some real time studies on water quality before and after a race in Florida. If I recall correctly, there was an improvement in the oxygen content of the water body following three days of boat race activity.
      David Weaver

Comment

In Lake X Carl Kiekhaefer did a huge amount of testing with his outboards. I recall reading in "Iron Fist" that under his direction a water quality impact study was done to determine the affects of all the outboards on the lake. I believe the conclusion was no detectable degradation from all the 2 cycle oil, fuel.. The EPA refuses to recognize this study, go figure it doesn't hold with their biased work. I could not find the study with an I-net search. Now Lake X is used for fishing tournaments and other boating activities. what a spot for a boat race.

http://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/destination-lake-x
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Working...
        X