Dimensional drawing of the OMC restrictor plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimensional drawing of the OMC restrictor plate

Title says it all, is there a dimensional drawing available for the OMC/Evinrude restrictor plate? A CAD drawing would be even better!

Dave
    I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
    The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

for J or AX ?

Comment

J because it has the smaller restrictor, but either will work. I'm working on a project with Jeff Williams and I want to create/generate the G-code for my machine so I can let it do most of the work.

Thanks
      --Dave
      I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
      The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
        GrandpaRacer commented
        Editing a comment
        Any one know why the OMC restrictor is round and the Merc is slotted? It would be good to test both shapes and make them the same size opening.

• Fastjack
        Fastjack commented
        Editing a comment
        The Mercury plate was a factory item - There was a kit with the lower hp decal and plate for horsepower restricted waters

• GrandpaRacer
        GrandpaRacer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Fastjack, that explains how it happened that the OMC restrictor is so much smaller area than the Merc one.

I'm taking a piece of balloon material and poking a .25" hole in it. That should keep it's original dimension at max RPM ;-)
      " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
      Art Pugh

Comment

Working...
      X