Tohatsu D stock hull for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tohatsu D stock hull for sale

My Karelson inspired D stock Tohatsu rig is now for sale. I am not getting out of the class, I am building an exact copy of this hull with 1/4 inch less lift built into it....I am 152 lbs dripping wet and I have trouble keeping the nose down on the thing....hull really needs a driver 180lbs or above to do it justice. Here is a short list of what the hull has done, nationals and kilos wise, over the 4 full seasons I have ran it. (not bragging, just stating facts) 2011 Wakefield, made a poor start heat one, was catching Smith for second and lost turn fin, finished 3rd.Had heat 2 won but missed bouy hull ended up 5th overall. 2012 Grass Lake, again made a poor start, almost caught Fred Hauenstein for 3rd. Finished 2nd heat 2, with a second place finish overall, dq in inspection for tech reasons. 2013 Whitney Point: 3rd place heat one, 1st place heat 2...2nd place overall. 2014 Oroville kilos: Fast pass at nearly 85, (84.8 I think) hit some patrol boat rollers and ended up with a 84mph average thru the 1/4 mile traps. 2014 Moses Lake nationals: 1st place heat one, beat gun heat 2 by maybe a boat length. (man that sucks) Hull is constructed of the best stuff money can buy, including Nomex core honeycomb for the bottom the cockpit sides, honeycomb gussets, Okume decks and non trips, West system epoxy for all wood to wood glueing and Hysol for honeycomb adhesion. Specs are as follows: 83 inch afterplane, 55 inch sponsons, with right sponson having Karelson 3 surfaces. 18 inch wide cockpit, which includes all hardware, 8 inch steering hub, and electric start switches. Boat has new tinted windshield, along with a cool 60s retro paint job, which I am going to copy on new hull. There are numerous Youtube videos of boat at many races, and I can send you quite a few in boat videos from the last few years if you want. One other thing, boat has always been stored inside, never been crashed. Asking $3000.00 including hardware....boat is race ready, just bolt your Tohatsu on and go race. Will hopefully be racing at Parker Thanksgiving weekend....can deliver hull there or whatever works. Thanx.
    huh
    0.00%
    huh?
    100.00%

Pics here will help your sale.
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Dave does has photos of this boat....some he hasn't even paid for yet.

R-19
      www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
        Dave does has photos of this boat....some he hasn't even paid for yet.

R-19
        Maybe he is selling it in order to pay for the photos

Comment

Mr Gleason: Real classy thing for you to say here...I have bought numerous pics over the years from you, I honestly forget about one 10 dollar pic, and you make me look like a deadbeat? Huh? And I am looking to upgrade all my safety gear too...thanx loads Pat....

Comment

It's a little more than $10. I think you also owe Peirce for a photo from a year ago. Just sayin'.
            www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Yes is a very nice boat Dave, shame i already started a new build or I would snap it up !

CMH. 61R
              Short Fuze Racing
              Team Darneille
              ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
              IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Thanx Steve. Looks like I have a deposit coming from Michigan. We will see what happens. What kind of boat are you building or having built?

Comment

Patrick. I sent you a private message. Thank you.

Comment

A fast one mate

CMH. 61R
                    Short Fuze Racing
                    Team Darneille
                    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                    IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

for what class

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                        Patrick. I sent you a private message. Thank you.

Thanks, Dave. I sent you a response.

R-19
                        www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Sheesh, let Dave sell his boat without added BS......hey Dave , I'm having a new boat built also......we need more D's (boats too......lol)...
                          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Mr Armfield; you joining us fellow loonies that run D stock hydro?

Comment

• Aussie Steve
                              Aussie Steve commented
                              Editing a comment
                              In the future yep

Just sent my deposit to Larry Darneille for my new D-Stock Hydro. New wood for Dick Steel ! I'm presently re-assembling my new Tohatsu after getting the crank welded. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. Very simple engine design and easily owner serviced. Thanks again to Gary Pond for selling me the Nationals Tohatsu draw engine. Hope I can make it win on the water too ! I think the D class is going to grow here in Region 10. Looking forward to next season gentleman. Hope to get across the line for the Commodores Ball this winter. 1CW

Comment

• mercguy
                              mercguy commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Sheez, another Darneille in D.....there goes my advantage...... lol.....
                          Working...
                          X