helmet colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmet colors

This winter I reluctantly have to buy a new helmet. I have always ran safety orange but recently I've seen red, yellow, and even green. Are these all legal colors? Thanks in advance for the input.

As with many APBA rules You will have to read and make your choice based on your understanding of the rule. But several colors are listed - What color is a color ?? As Bill would ask -- the meaning of is--- -- is ?

Comment

"~~1) The upper fifty percent (50%) of the helmet must be a single color of the following: yellow or fluorescent (high visability) yellow or lime green or orange or international orange or fluorescent red."

Is this still the rule?
      Kegs

Comment

If your head (with body attached) was floating in wreckage after an accident, wouldn't you feel a little safer in an international orange painted helmet knowing that many boats are painted yellow or fluorescent yellow, green or red, and some Driver at speed could maybe pick your head out among the floating pieces. I would.

Comment

No one would ever use an orange turn bag . Let alone mistake you floating head for turn 1.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            You are not to hit the buoy either.

Yellow is the color with the best visibility underwater, better even than white or silver, and better than any orange, as the diving community established at least fifty years ago.

Comment

• dwhitford
            dwhitford commented
            Editing a comment
            If you & your yellow helmet are already underwater when they come looking, you are 'WAY past in trouble!
            Last edited by dwhitford; 10-23-2014, 04:54 PM.

• Smitty
            Smitty commented
            Editing a comment
            . . . glub . . . glub . . .
        Working...
        X