Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POND- BENNETT Smash Records in New Martinsville..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POND- BENNETT Smash Records in New Martinsville..............

Abby Pond and Rookie Kelsey Bennett broke five 1/4 mile straightaway records last weekend in New Martinsville on the unforgiving Ohio River! Gary Pond and i drove out to crew for Abby in her quest for the 2014 Hall of Champions! Stock Outboard, Modified and J Class Teams in attendance were Team Sweeney/Mitchell, Team Brewster, Team Pond (Jessie, Gary and me), Team Bennett, Team Austin and of course Team Johnston (TJ). The records were as follows:

ASH- 58.8mph (Abby U.S.A. Pond)
    BSH- 66.8mph (Abby)
    ASR- 56.4mph (Abby)
    All Abby's records were with Sidewinders

AXH- 55.7mph (Kelsey Bennett)
    AXR-54.5mph (Kelsey)
    All Kelsey's records were Mercury's by Pond's Pouch Motah's Inc.

BMH- 70.5mph (Tommy Johnston-TJ)
    FAH- 59.3mph (Kelsey Bennett) Established Record!
    FAR- 58.8mph (Dave Bennett) Established Record!

BSR- 65.8mph (Bobby Austin) Sidewinder Powered

302ssh- Both Abby Pond and Logan Sweeney were close but could not beat the 'average' both ways. Abby ran 62.5mph with the current and only 55mph against it. I believe Logan ran right at 58.9mph average coming up short by less than 1mph to break the record set by TJ last year of 59.5mph.

My speeds are not official and may be off by a couple tenths. Getting information from the Race Committee was difficult at best and i want to thank Fred Hauenstein for helping Amy Sweeney and myself in keeping the Outboarders informed. Fred is the man!!

Thanks to TJ and Ken Scoville for all their hard work in inspection.!!

Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 09-29-2014, 01:41 PM.

cool, that will give some of us West Coasters a goal for this weekend at Devil's lake!!!! Way to go Abby!!!!
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Congrads to the east coasters....I was sort of thinking about bringing my flighty D stock down to Devil's lake for a stab at the 1/4 mile record, but after watching in boat video from last attempt at Oroville I wet my pants and decided it was not a good idea. I hope everybody stays safe down there.....3US

Comment

Congratulations to all!! Years ago, (late 60's?) I remember making the trek to Trenton, MI with Bobby Austin's father (Bob "harry" Austin). Bob Sr did not set a Kilo BU record on that trip, but I think he did perform the fastest barrel roll ever recorded on water!

otto
        "....that's one happy tub of beer"

Comment

Congratulations Abby Pond and Kelsey Bennett...... And to those putting on the event. Lots of work, but it paid off.

Cool.............................................. .............
          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
            cool, that will give some of us West Coasters a goal for this weekend at Devil's lake!!!! Way to go Abby!!!!
            Daren...........looking forward to your posting results next monday here on Hydroracer after the 1/4 miles this weekend. Good luck out there!

Comment

Working...
            X