New Boats 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Boats 2015

Well its that time of the year again for folks to plan and start building new boats for next year.. Show us what you are working on.. I will have some projects to share shortly.. One will be a DSH and the other will be a 1/8 scale boat of the 1991 Winston Eagle.. Its amazing but a new 1/8 scale boat costs almost as much as a new DSH to build and paint.. Got to have something to do during the long cold winters up here
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Yes, glad to see this new year coming, I have a new 250/350 boat that will be raced at Lake Alfred and if all goes well will have the new Euro style 500 capsule boat there also. The 500 will be just to show, the owner has a work schedule conflict and can not be there to compete, so just going to show it off. Look forward to seeing everyone again at Lake Alfred.

Comment

• raceright
      raceright commented
      Editing a comment
      Who is the owner. Or is it Batman??lololo

• David Weaver
      David Weaver commented
      Editing a comment
      Euro Style 500?? APBA/USTS legal or a true Formula 500 with full trim and tunnel?

• David Weaver
      David Weaver commented
      Editing a comment
      Euro Style 500?? APBA/USTS legal or a true Formula 500 with full trim and tunnel?

Unfortunately it complies with APBA rules and is not a true UIM 500 tunnel.

Comment

• raceright
      raceright commented
      Editing a comment
      As being a APBA compliant 60% sponson boat it might run once a year. At the present time there is no Sponson rule in the USTS. So anything like euro boats is legal And will run 6 to 8 times in 2015.

• David Weaver
      David Weaver commented
      Editing a comment
      Pat, I have not kept up with USTS capsule rules, as I do not race those classes. It will be exciting to see tunnel boats with 700's on them here in the US. Certainly an innovative change! Such a boat would have been in its element at Johnson City.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      As being a APBA compliant 60% sponson boat it might run once a year. At the present time there is no Sponson rule in the USTS. So anything like euro boats is legal And will run 6 to 8 times in 2015.
      Pat you are not correct on this one. USTS 2014 page 15, Rule 15, part G......Sponsons on Hydroplanes shall not exceed 60% of the hull length

Oh say hello to Tommy

Comment

Unfortunately if we allow tunnels, they and hydros can not run together, so will have to be separate and neither can stand to do that. I think with some innovative thinking the hydros will be around for a long time and yes if it complies with the 60 % rule it is sure USTS legal. APBA is not a dirty four letter word, they just have to get in touch with reality on some things.

Comment

• raceright
        raceright commented
        Editing a comment
        APBA is not a dirty word for sure. I was a Pro commissioner for 8 years,enjoyed it immensely. But there overhead out ways there income as boat racing is not a spectator sport like Ball and stick sports or Auto Racing. There is no one driving the wheel of marketing that has been able to make Boat Racing as financial viable as other sports least of all APBA. There is a sales man out there who could get her done, but we do not know who that is.

• tcf284
        tcf284 commented
        Editing a comment
        "APBA is not a dirty word for sure. I was a Pro commissioner for 8 years,enjoyed it immensely. But there overhead out ways there income as boat racing is not a spectator sport like Ball and stick sports or Auto Racing. There is no one driving the wheel of marketing that has been able to make Boat Racing as financial viable as other sports least of all APBA. There is a sales man out there who could get her done, but we do not know who that is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" this level of boatracing be it pro ,stock, mod is I believe the best sport on the planet ,your competitors will help you race against them where else does that happen ? that being said your also right about no promoting this level of the sport lots go into the offshore and unlimited and even opc but our level which happens to probably have the most amount of membership and activity isn't getting what it deserves and can really prosper if given the opportunity ,the worlds will be in lake Alfred in October it would be nice if someone from the higher up in apba make an appearance to tampa media markets to promote the event ,don't think it will happen but it would be nice just saying

Good idea, I'm by no means an eloquent speaker, but I can call the local TV stations and the newspaper and let them know what is going on in Polk County Florida. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

• tcf284
        tcf284 commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried doing that back in 08 and 10 worlds they all shrugged me off that's why I say we need get someone from apba that just might get someone's attention

All USTS events are well promoted months in advance of each event. Attend one and see

Comment

• tcf284
        tcf284 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes they are tim but at the same time how much time and effort and money is being spent for drivers to come from all over Europe and the united states and tampa bay media wont even consider sending someone out to cover the event these boats grab immediate attention every time I go to the Carolinas to race we transport with an open trailer and you stop for gas and a crowd gathers just imagine if we could major network carriers to do a story with footage lake Alfred isn't far from tampa ,I know I live there it just stinks that tampa media cares more about non motor sports just saying but hey i'll see you in lake Alfred

A actual post about new boats.. Just getting started??

Comment

lots of test fitting

Comment

Kind of scary but not many folks building new boats this year?? Just put on the bottom yesterday..

Comment

• Harold8
            Harold8 commented
            Editing a comment
            From doing some repair work on my own CSH and looking at some other boats being built, it looks like your DSH is being built to last more than one season. :-)

Looking good!

Comment

Here is the new 500 boat we have been talking about. Just got the decks on. Should have cowl and canopy molds tomorrow.

Comment

Finally got the 250/350 boat out of the paint shop, ready to rig and test.

Comment

very nice baries.. Its sad to see very few folks building boats anymore.. A few years ago this would be a monster post by now.. This does not bode well for the future

Comment

afterplane area done now to get sponsons shaped and decked

Comment

Working...
                  X