2.25 mile conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.25 mile conversion?

How do you convert MPH on a 3/4 mile track? Been doing a little searching but thought sombody might know off the top of there head.
    "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

After 4 laps it's 3 miles?
    Maroney Racing

Comment

We run 3 laps in NBRA
      Keith Kampen

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin McAfee View Post
        How do you convert MPH on a 3/4 mile track? Been doing a little searching but thought sombody might know off the top of there head.
        Measure the time in seconds around the 3/4 mile track then:

Average speed for the 3/4 mile lap = 2700 divided by time in seconds for the 1 lap

If you want average speed for the 3 laps (2.25 miles) measure time for the 3 laps then:

Average speed for the 3 laps (2,25 miles) = 8100 divided by time in seconds for the 3 laps
        Last edited by ZUL8TR; 08-20-2014, 02:13 AM.
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

One of these will do the trick for you! Click on the link . http://www.calculatoredge.com/civil%...nce%20Time.htm

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Kev, we might have to take our shoes off to calculate this one ! LOL
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I liked to see the times from the nationals posted when Mrs. Blue Sky Racer was allowed to see them. I got some of the missing times from the video Jeff Brewster posted on Youtube. Thanks all. What I would like to know now is the length of the Moses Lake course. Someone must have the GPS info. With that I could use all my fingers and toes ( plus the formulae ) to have some fun.

The times are interesting. ASH, AXH down to 200modR were within 9 seconds. Makes you wonder about parity committees and ACH.
              CSH, BSH , 350modR, 20ssH, 25ssH,CSR and BSR were within 17 seconds in that order

J's were slow and D's were fast. Quelle surprise. The DSH and 500 mod H were 4 seconds apart.

There were ( negating the J's ) 3 speed ranges where a bunch of classes ran the same. I know it all depends on water , wind and starts, but I don't think things change much from these figures.

Now , if I just knew how long the course was.

Comment

according to the sanction : an approximate 1 mile coursean approx 1 mile - Course Elevation: 1,047 feet

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

According to an onboard GPS device, the closed course at Moses Lake was somewhere near 4850 ft in length.
                  28-R

Comment

• Mrs blueskyracer
                    Mrs blueskyracer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    To answer the next question before it comes up one mile is 5280 feet!

Thanks for all the input, after checking that site I found an app for my phone(imagine that) that I think will work. It's called Speed Distance Calculator if anybody else wants to use it.
                  "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin McAfee View Post
                    Hi Kevin,
                    As an old BSR driver I have a few Mercury 20-H conversions that still run well. If you like to use one of the conversion we can bring one to the next race.

Alan

Comment

With the help of some of the people here, I have been able to calculate speeds from the nationals.
                      In the A groups , speeds were from 47.4 to 49.6. Paritity without even trying ?
                      A mid group , B's & C's ran from 53 to 59.
                      DSH and 500 modH ran 63.5 and 63.3.
                      As expected J's were slower ( 42.2 ) and 750modH were quick ( 69.4).
                      Hopefully, videos of 850, 45, 200, 350modH and JSR will appear.
                      Can I put my socks back on now?

John

Comment

Forgot. The course was .918 miles.

Comment

Working...
                        X