Heat 1 CSH national championship- 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat 1 CSH national championship- 2014

Great heat of racing guys! J Michael was in 7th position moments prior to start as in photo #1, then 9th position at start. 5 gun jumpers called - (Mike was actually called for jumping in the 69R and our protest was even denied).

2014 National CSH heat 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQu7...Y5aBEubXDUajLQ

BOPP

First off and most importantly.....we owe JMK an apology for not making the correct call......we are human and all make mistakes, unfortunately at JMK's expense this time. We already have a plan in motion to prevent this from happening again.......second, your protest was not denied, but told the call was correct and was told to save your money........after reviewing the call and the decision and asking your driver his position............great racing none the less all week....see ya in Eatonville this weekend...
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Finally....see GRR 23.1: "All decisions of the Referee regarding violations of starting, driving, and of course rules shall be final, and appeals will be allowed only if suspension is involved." Agreed that JMK got screwed on this one, but we're talking balls and strikes, fellas.

R-19
      www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
        Great heat of racing guys! J Michael was in 7th position moments prior to start as in photo #1, then 9th position at start. 5 gun jumpers called - (Mike was actually called for jumping in the 69R and our protest was even denied).
        2014 National CSH heat 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQu7...Y5aBEubXDUajLQ
        ****it................................
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Isn't that what instant replay is for??
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

[ 9. All races shall have a photographic start. In the event that a snapshot is taken, all races must have at least one camera electronically synchronized with the starting clock. In the event that a video camera is used, the video must record the moment when the starting clock reaches zero (0). The camera shall be aligned with the starting line markers as the drivers’ reference point exists. If the markers shift, the camera should be trained upon the point actually used by the drivers to determine the location of the starting line. Use of the camera is purely an “aid” to those who “call” the start. Upon request, pictures of the start are required to be shown to the drivers’ representative. In the event of a camera or film failure, the Referee will, with the assistance of the Race Committee, render the necessary decision. At Stock Outboard Divisional and National Championships, in the event of a camera or film failure, the heat should be re-run.

(Request was denied)

BOPP

Comment

• sponsonhead
              sponsonhead commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you saying that the Race Committee denied to show the photo to your Driver's Rep? Or that they denied your request to appeal? Those are two entirely different scenarios.

R-19

• Racerkyle20
              Racerkyle20 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dan- I was your SORC representative for JMK (who asked me to look at start). What request did we deny you? I looked at the video as Mike's Rep. The owner and driver do not look at film. That's what the rep (IE ME) is for. We thought it was Mike and was wrong. Sorry. In retrospect the heat should have been re-ran, but there is nothing you can do about it now. But please do not go on the internet and tell people your request for representation or anything else was denied, because that is flat out not accurate.

its over and done with, so let's please move on, we are working on making sure this never happens again and TRUST ME, everyone involved feels terrible about the situation.................

PS: Dan, the video WAS shown to his driver's rep (stock commissioner)........

PSS: you are welcome at ANY time to work on the judges stand scoring and doing video reviews...........its not as easy as you think

Daren Goehring
            Commodore, Seattle Outboard Association
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Daren--- I spent the year not racing and working on the judges stand at most of the races. I did all the video of the starts at Mt. Home, Grove and Garnet Kansas and there were lots of full fields. We used an I pad and it was phenomenal..... I was able to pick out numerous boats when they jumped.. Most amazing of all is when you would think people jumped and the I pad /camera usually helped the driver.... It is so easy to use and you don't have to have a camera, tripod. VCR, and big TV screen. So simple.. I would recommend you all try it. I agree everyone should have to spend some time on the judges stand.. It will make you appreciate your officials..

Rick Miller
              34-0

Comment

Originally posted by DrRick34-0 View Post
                Daren--- I spent the year not racing and working on the judges stand at most of the races. I did all the video of the starts at Mt. Home, Grove and Garnet Kansas and there were lots of full fields. We used an I pad and it was phenomenal..... I was able to pick out numerous boats when they jumped.. Most amazing of all is when you would think people jumped and the I pad /camera usually helped the driver.... It is so easy to use and you don't have to have a camera, tripod. VCR, and big TV screen. So simple.. I would recommend you all try it. I agree everyone should have to spend some time on the judges stand.. It will make you appreciate your officials.. Rick Miller 34-0
                https://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/camera/ Simple software with 120 frames per second in Slow-Mo; could help make the Ref's job easier. Sounds like it already did.
                http://vitalire.com/

Comment

I helped Rick at Grove. The simple I-pad takes all the hard feelings and judgement calls out of the equation. Now, let's figure out how to use technology for lane changes and chopping. I like quad copters carrying real time to the judges stand. (Realistically a little ways off I know)

Comment

Just a little side note....I was asked as a drivers rep to go to the barge if memory serves me correct, 6 times over the course of the week. Some drivers, Like Gweedo, handled themselves with class etc...while others came up to me stomping feet and cussing etc. Like Darren mentioned, the barge crew is human, and possibly mistakes could have been made. However, remember, some of you guys that came storming up to me cussing and screaming (you know who you are) could have been red carded for running over a lap under the red/black flag....keep in mind, it works both ways. 3US

Comment

• bill boyes
                      bill boyes commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I was not a member of the Race committee. However, I observed very qualified people running clock and camera. all personnel on the BARGE were top notch..I know what it takes to put on a National Event and this Nationals was the best run that I have attended in many years.

Boy Dave I thought everything went great.. I had no idea all of the discontent was going on behind the scenes.. All I remember was the power issues
                    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Things did go well. What would nationals be without a little crap////////

Comment

Originally posted by propfxrO84 View Post
                        INow, let's figure out how to use technology for lane changes and chopping. I like quad copters carrying real time to the judges stand. (Realistically a little ways off I know)
                        I would have paid for the copters at Mtn Home............ calls need to be made.

Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Tim Cowan of Wet Side Productions (will be releasing edited videos of the Pro and Stock/Mod/J Nationals soon) and myself have discussed getting one of these for fun:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on-sports-dron
                          http://www.airdog.com/
                          With GoPro's WiFi technology, real-time video is currently available.

However, I do acknowledge that video at the start and video in the first turn are two separate conversations. At this last nationals, I have video from two angles that showed a DQ that I received was not justified. Trust me, I tried to get it overturned through the appropriate avenues, but that's the ****-end of the stick, also called, that's racing. I also have video from another heat at the nationals that showed I had 3+ boat-lengths when I did take lane one, which only confirmed what I already knew. Many can see how video from above has affected Unlimited racing and would agree that the calls that are made from above hinder the race rather than help call the race.

Refs do a great job, thanks for your time. I'm just not too sure added video will make our racing more fun.
                          http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X