Sean McKean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean McKean

Sean McKean was seriously injured during the 1100 cc USTS hydroplane race in Lake Depue Sunday. The actual details of the incident is still being reviewed but appears that a possible four boats were involved. Sean was airlifted to St. Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois where he went under surgery Monday morning for his left foot, which was nearly severed off. They removed what it appears to be a propeller blade from the foot and will be undergoing additional surgery Wednesday. The outcome is still unknown and we are all praying that he will be OK after surgery and will not have loss of his foot. Further details to follow after surgery. Lorraine and Chase and myself are here in Peoria and will remain here until Sean is released - hopefully very shortly.

Prayers are with your family.
    Gardner Miller
    Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
    Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

Prayers to the whole family. Get well soon Sean!
      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

thoughts go out to sean and his family wishing him a speedy recovery

Comment

Originally posted by tcf284 View Post
          thoughts go out to sean and his family wishing him a speedy recovery
          Sean Of course you know the WRIGHTS are thinking of you and hopeing for a speedy recovery. Myself and Jimmy drove home together and all we talked about was the accident and how is Sean doing.Bobby, Loraine & Cathy have been keeping us updated. Jimmy had to get 8 stitches in his nose and had a jammed arm but is fine. He is very concerned about you.May God take care of you and your family.

Pat

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Sean and his family. We hope all goes well and wish you a speedy recovery. Jim Kirts and all of the Kirts family

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are with you Sean. Wishing you a complete recovery.

John Runne & family

Comment

Bob, see private message. Bill

Comment

• Bob Rusnak
                  Bob Rusnak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bill, got your message, thank you, wish we could have gone back to Sunday Morning.

I was standing next to Lorraine for that heat when Sean didn't come back. I guess it was good that we weren't in a position to see everything in the second corner. It was hard to say anything meaningful in that situation because we didn't know what happened. It is certainly good to have Bob there. My thoughts are with them all.

Sam and Bill Hemp

Comment

Our thoughts & prayers are with the McKean family.
                  "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

our thoughts and prayers go out to Sean and his family. hope everything goes well. the larose family

Comment

Sean had the additional surgery yesterday. It went well and removed the piece of the propeller from his foot. They re attached his foot to the ankle and now hope the bones will fuse together. It is held together with clamps and then tight bandages. We saw the pictures of the injury and it was pretty graphic. We then saw the pictures after the surgery, what what a difference. He will need follow up procedures and hope it will heal in time. We believe they will release him tomorrow and will return to Long Island with Lorraine, Chase, Myself and the dog in my truck. This should be a "fun trip". The Equipment still remains in DePue and no plans have been made to move it. They will stay with us for about two weeks before arraignments will be made to get them back to Texas. Lorraine and I want to thank everyone for the help and encouragement through this ordeal. ....Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Rusnak View Post
                        Sean had the additional surgery yesterday. It went well and removed the piece of the propeller from his foot. They re attached his foot to the ankle and now hope the bones will fuse together. It is held together with clamps and then tight bandages. We saw the pictures of the injury and it was pretty graphic. We then saw the pictures after the surgery, what what a difference. He will need follow up procedures and hope it will heal in time. We believe they will release him tomorrow and will return to Long Island with Lorraine, Chase, Myself and the dog in my truck. This should be a "fun trip". The Equipment still remains in DePue and no plans have been made to move it. They will stay with us for about two weeks before arraignments will be made to get them back to Texas. Lorraine and I want to thank everyone for the help and encouragement through this ordeal. ....Bob
                        Great news Bob........glad it looks like he will be better soon!! Plus Long Island in the summertime is a beautiful place to recover. Matt.

Comment

• Bob Rusnak
                          Bob Rusnak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks Matt, just too bad he will not be able to go swimming. They had originally planned to visit Lockhaven and watch Don race to 750 runabout on the way back to Texas but that will not happen now.

Wishing you a speedy & full recovery Sean. If any of my transportation people can help, let me know. I'm sure the guys will do a "cost" transport of your equipment back to our neck of the woods. Bryan Tharp. (Boat city) 405-632-2844

Comment

Sean is to be released from the hospital today. He is still in a lot of pain and we hope to be on the road by 2:00 PM. It will be a 19 hr. trip in a pick up truck and not looking forward to this ride. We brought 4 big pellows to help keep his foot up. Not sure actually how long the trip will take, depending on how many stops we need to take. ....Bob

Comment

• Shane_B
                            Shane_B commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Bob - be sure the MDs provide an anti-coagulant such as heparin for that trip. A real threat is a potential pulmonary embulism after surgery... They should provide info during discharge procedures, if not, please ask the MD or RN prior to leaving the hospital.
                        Working...
                        X