Mark Monkres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Monkres

Sorry to hear that Mark Monkres passed away this morning after a three month battle with a rare form of cancer. Godspeed Mark may you race on in the great beyond, go fast and turn left.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

NBRA///OBRA has lost a fine individual..

Comment

Man, I heard the news this morning. Terribly sad, such a neat guy. I really liked Mark, he was so easy to get along with, and really seemed to enjoy boat racing more than most of us. God bless. Bryan Tharp

Comment

Sorry to hear this sad news. I only met Mark a few times but I did enjoy his company. Melissa, my prayers are with you and I'll miss seeing Mark in the pits.
        Gardner Miller
        Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
        Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I helped him load up his equipment after our race here in Texas last August. Now he is gone. Wow. Really nice guy. Gonna miss him.
          "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

Thanks to all for the prayers and condolances. Mark did love boat racing more than anyone I have ever met. Before he passed, he and I talked and he wanted his nephew, who is also named Mark, to carry on with the boat race team. I will miss him terribly, we were friends for 47 years, and he was a dandy.

Melissa Backward
            O-49

Comment

Melissa, A great person has passed onto a better place, he is in Lake Paradise racing on the best lake ever, with the best people ever. The best conditions possible are always present, and he is having fun. As I mentioned on FB, my prayers for all.

Should his nephew Mark need ANY assistance with anything to get him into racing I am willing to help out anywhere I can.

Hang in there Melissa, it is tough but as time moves on we all know he is in a better place.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Condolences, from all of Kampen Racing
                Art K

Comment

Mark will be missed by all, we have lost one of us, a true friend that always had something good to say about everyone. Our condolences Melissa V-25 Racing

Comment

Memorial service for Mark will be held Monday, May 5, at 1 PM at First Presbyterian Church, downtown Tulsa, 709 South Boston.

Comment

Melissa, I won't be able to be there for the service, but, please know that I will be thinking of you and your family on that day.
                      Gardner Miller
                      Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
                      Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

Working...
                      X