Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Fiber RV

HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Pretty darn cool...
    Sean Byrne

Comment

something for the rich and famous
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

A black travel trailer, and not a single air conditioner on top?! I think they accidentally made the worlds largest solar powered oven.

Comment

Jeff did you also notice they made no showing of the inside
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
            A black travel trailer, and not a single air conditioner on top?! I think they accidentally made the worlds largest solar powered oven.
            I have a friend who was working on this, and he said it's pretty high tech, inside and out, well insulated too. There is no roof mounted AC because they didn't want the increase in aerodynamic drag of a roof unit. One of the big goals for this rig was to reduce the drag and let you pull it with a smaller vehicle, so they lowered the roof as much as possible and then reduced the weight as much as they could.

It does have AC, just not the conventional roof mounted unit high drag unit...

Neat toy but way too expensive to my mind...
            Last edited by Yellowjacket; 04-23-2014, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellowjacket View Post
              It does have AC, just not the conventional roof mounted unit high drag unit...
              A window unit?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
                A window unit?
                No, think more like central home A/C... Unit and ducting all built in... Like I said, this thing is a order of magnitude beyond typical RV kind of workmanship...

I tend to think of most RV's as an assembly of a lot of standard parts, things like the roof A/C system are just kinda "stuck on", and done in a rather crude manner.. This thing is all pretty much like a custom home or custom car, all well engineered and thought out.. And you pay for it big time...

Comment

Working...
                X