Minimum weight proposal for 750ccmr vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum weight proposal for 750ccmr vote

Does anyone know if the proposal past for a minimum weight in the 750ccmr past?

Yes........
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know what the vote count was?

Comment

I called my broker today and told him to buy lead long! Today is officially add lead to your boat day! Happy lead adding day. I will be the first to vote for a decrease in weight when all boats entered finish on the same half lap! Just kidding. I will help anyone who needs a lift to the scales.

Comment

What is the weight now?

Tim
          Tim Weber

Comment

Congrats to the' heavyweights' out there.............you have just knocked out my daughter from ever running the class again. But i am sure ya'll have new drivers coming in that will grow the class now that you have put weights back in.

Kinda funny, a few years back the class was dead and the Mod Commission removed the weights in a hope to spur innovation and interest. Then thanks to George Luce and Matt Arlt with there' wedgie' lightweight boats the class took off and grew to the most exciting class in the Mod Division. Just saying.
            Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 04-07-2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
              Congrats to the' heavyweights' out there.............you have just knocked out my daughter from ever running the class again. But i am sure ya'll have new drivers coming in that will grow the class now that you have put weights back in.
              Why? This sounds a little spoiled. She raced it 1 time in the last 2 years!!! and she can still run 850R. She did not lose a ride. We can find her some lead and or a heavier boat. If she does not run again would it not prove her competitive edge was just weight? I know Val and I would assume she did not just race because she had a huge weight advantage. Let the girl race if she wants. She is a championship driver. The speeds should be a little slower and maybe more women would like it. My wife is 120lb and she will race my rig sometime after she is done making our son.

So how much lead would she have to add? Take half that weight out of your competitor's rig and see how much fun you have racing against them.

Now we have a class a 220+lb guy can race and not need to go 100mph. If the numbers die we can take them out or lower to fit needs of the people who race the class full time. I still bet Bob George, and Jerry will be front runners and I think their records will stand for a while. Thank you George and Matt A. for trying something new and being so supportive to the class and your competitors. Give peace a chance.

And I will still help lift Val's boat or any others to the scales.

Comment

Hydroracer is better than tv...I love this stuff! Keep it up ladies this is very entertaining! At the end of the day we all need to remember we throw money at a hole in the water. See ya all in Jesup!

Comment

I have an idea quit voting on to the board Heavys.. The are protecting their tool box or was that lunch box
                  Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• mercguy
                    mercguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the commission does not change the rules, the members of the affected class do........the commission only votes on what items to put to the ballot...

What is the weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Merc1 View Post
                    What is the weight?
                    495lbs
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Great news. I am happy to see the weight at a reasonable amount. Not to heavy and not to lite. Should make for a great compromise between the heavy's and the lightweights. That is close to the NBRA weight, and the class is super strong in NBRA. I highly doubt anyone that is seriously competing as a boat racer in the class is going to quit. And it opens the door to a lot of potential racers who want a fun runabout ride. Been way to long coming, but it is here. Remember all you naysayers, there is always DSR........... same boat you run in 750CCMR will work with a 44XS on it... and that class needs some serious help. I am firm believer in min weights in Mod and stock. It is the leveler in the playing field.

Oh remember also, the DRIVERS of that class in mod voted it in..... so the majority want it... and that is the way it should be. Let the members have final say in the rules. No petitions needed !!! Keep that over on the other side ! lol,
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Great news. I am happy to see the weight at a reasonable amount. Not to heavy and not to lite. Should make for a great compromise between the heavy's and the lightweights. That is close to the NBRA weight, and the class is super strong in NBRA. I highly doubt anyone that is seriously competing as a boat racer in the class is going to quit. And it opens the door to a lot of potential racers who want a fun runabout ride. Been way to long coming, but it is here. Remember all you naysayers, there is always DSR........... same boat you run in 750CCMR will work with a 44XS on it... and that class needs some serious help. I am firm believer in min weights in Mod and stock. It is the leveler in the playing field.

Oh remember also, the DRIVERS of that class in mod voted it in..... so the majority want it... and that is the way it should be. Let the members have final say in the rules. No petitions needed !!! Keep that over on the other side ! lol,
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• Bob Rusnak
                          Bob Rusnak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dave, I usually agree with you on everything but not on this weight rule. Please remember we built the boats when there were no weights. Do you really think adding 150 lb. of lead is safe? Also you say there is also DSR. All I have are mod engines and have no intentions of buying a 44XS, and then again there are weight limits so there is the lead issue again. Got into the class because of the rules, now they are changed. Just my response.

Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                          Matt Dagostino commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ...........Funny thing, George Luce doesn't share your sentiment and he has done more for the class in the last several years than most. Strange thing how we tend to ignore what history teaches us. When the weights were dropped the class exploded and took off. So why go back to putting weights back in?? Nice.

Maybe the 'heavy folks' should pick up some Jenny Craig milkshakes in lieu of the lightweights adding 50-100 pounds of dead weight. Lol.

Matt, the class did not syrocket becasue the weights were dropped. The class skyrocketed becasue the stock engines became hard to find and were expensive. And then George came out with his new design in the runabout and revolutionized the class. Suddenly the hydro guys looked at it and said, holy crap that looks like a hydro to drive, i want one. The same props work on them as the hydros, equals cheap 2nd class.... Don't try to sell what is not for sale.... That is why I picked up the class, I watched George run it and that boat was light, fast and looked a lot easier to drive than a lot of the current ones. I know I am not alone in this. I am not doubting George and Jerry build some of the best DMR's in the country. They do and still will.

Nothing personal against you or Val, don't take it as such. Min weights create equality among competitors. If a 180 pound person drives a DMR and the boat weighs 100 pounds it will be fast if they have a good engine and prop. if a 120 pound person has the same rig, it will be faster..... simple math my friend... simple math.
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                        X