No announcement yet.

Top 10 reasons why you didn't win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I did it. At Eatonville, WA this last race in ASH. There I was in 1st place last lap turn two. passed the entrance bouy, passed the second bouy, keeping tight, turned and focused on the next bouy when I saw another bouy on my right. Oh Oh. Circle to pass on the left.some boats went by. Ok Now head for the other bouy. Oh Oh. Missed another bouy. circled that and headed home UGH. Two missed bouys!!!!

Bob Smiley

Comment

• dwhitford
      dwhitford commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems to me -- after you went around the course twice immediately b4 -- you would've known where all the buoys were by then!

At Lake Alfred once in the 1980s, I made a perfect start in a 250 ccH heat, went into and came out of the 1st turn in 1st, motored up the back straight at full speed, and after an appropriate interval, began looking for the entry buoy for the upper turn. Couldn't find it! Looked 'WAy over to my left. The entire rest of the pack was entering the upper turn about 150 yards over to my left! So I turned left too and gave chase. I got back in amongst 'em all. By the end of the heat, I'd worked my way back up to 3rd . . .
      Last edited by dwhitford; 09-09-2017, 02:18 AM.

Yep. you are correct. I was trying a new turn tactic going bouy to bouy straight line as opposed to an arc and turned too sharp. It is a weird feeling seeing a course bouy about 50 feet to your right. Such a surprise I had to repeat the event. Interesting after 8 years of racing!!. No explanation.
    Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
      Yep. you are correct. I was trying a new turn tactic going bouy to bouy straight line as opposed to an arc and turned too sharp. It is a weird feeling seeing a course bouy about 50 feet to your right. Such a surprise I had to repeat the event. Interesting after 8 years of racing!!. No explanation.
      Smiley
      Explanation....... Age!!!!!!!!!! But at 70+ you're a hero.
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Smiley
        Smiley commented
        Editing a comment
        Dean, You are behind the times. I am now age 75.

Region 5 1975'ish at Frostproof Fla 25SSH. 12 boat start and at that moment it just happened to be a big rainstorm that continued until 1/2 way through the back straight then no rain and sunshine then 1/2 way through the front straight and into the pouring rain again - the same all 3 laps, weird! I got a crappy start in the pouring rain. I forgot the Rain X on my helmet screen, ha! They didn't call the race.
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Working...
      X